Loking for this brand of handlebars

QUAKEnSHAKE

Guest
Looking for a place that sells the brand AMOEBA handlebars. I saw at mtbr.com in reviews but no info
as to a website or place to purchase. Thanks for any help.

<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Looking for a place that sells the brand AMOEBA handlebars. I saw at mtbr.com in reviews but no
> info as to a website or place to purchase. Thanks for any help.

I use a set of Amoeba's on my trials bike. Not sure if they still carry them, but you might want to
give them a call if they have any left over in stock:

http://airbomb.com

- CA-G

Canadian Girls Kick Ass!

> <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Looking for a place that sells the brand AMOEBA handlebars. I saw at mtbr.com in reviews but no
> > info as to a website or place to purchase. Thanks for any help.
>
> I use a set of Amoeba's on my trials bike. Not sure if they still carry them, but you might want
> to give them a call if they have any left over in stock:
>
> http://airbomb.com

I've been meaning to ask you about that trials bike. Reactor frame with rigid fork IIRC. Have you
measured the head tube angle? If so, what's your axle to crown measurement?

When I bought my Reactor, Airbomb told me the specd 71 deg angle was with a 4" fork, and not to try
the bike with a shorter fork. Since I wanted it to play with my 105mm Z1, that sounded OK. Imagine
my disappointment when I measured the head tube angle at 68.5 deg. I haven't yet removed the springs
to determine what axle to crown distance will actually give better steering angle.

David

<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Looking for a place that sells the brand AMOEBA handlebars. I saw at mtbr.com in reviews but no
> info as to a website or place to purchase. Thanks for any help.
These are a Taiwanese range of products that gets offered to every distributor at tht Taipei trade
show. I would suggest an Answer pro taper FSA or Easton bar over the Amoeba any day

"David Bailey" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> These are a Taiwanese range of products that gets offered to every distributor at tht Taipei trade
> show. I would suggest an Answer pro taper FSA or Easton bar over the Amoeba any day

If you are on a budget to build a bike, those bars a little more expensive than Amoeba's. I have
never had any problems with the one I am using.

- CA-G

Canadian Girls Kick Ass!

"David" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I've been meaning to ask you about that trials bike. Reactor frame with
rigid fork IIRC.
> Have you measured the head tube angle? If so, what's your axle to crown
measurement?

I honestly cannot recall the angles on the frame. I will have a look and see, its definitely not
slack with the rigid fork.

- CA-G

Canadian Girls Kick Ass!

> "David Bailey" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > These are a Taiwanese range of products that gets offered to every distributor at tht Taipei
> > trade show. I would suggest an Answer pro
taper
> > FSA or Easton bar over the Amoeba any day
>
> If you are on a budget to build a bike, those bars a little more
expensive
> than Amoeba's. I have never had any problems with the one I am using.

Not "a little".. more like stacks! My Amoeba bars I bought for my GT when I was using it for trials
cost me $35AUD. A set of name bars like Azonic, Answer or Easton _start_ at $85 and go through the
roof from there. I've had no trouble with my Amoeba bars. They are heavy (thick tubing) but that's
what you get for saving a swag of money.

hippy