lol...

motorex259

Sep 21, 2006
anyone in this fourm feel like you have a special bond to your bike?
like in initialD (takumi will ONLY drive in the old AE86 and nothing eles) any of you ever had felt like that? i do... since my old target bike snapped in half i wanted to fix it but i just got a hardrocksportdisc (hardrock= name NOT funny! pervs...) im still used to it......

same thing as my friend, has walmart bike, i tell him to get a new one, he has more than enought(10,000$ more than needed) but he wants to keep the his old one, reminds me of me along time ago............

(for anyone that know what initialD is...)

he is like takumi..... i am like Bunta...... (except i dont smoke and keep my eyes closed 24/7....)

If i understand what you are saying, yes, I do have a special bond w/ my bike. I even went as far as to make a blood oath with it lol. :D I cut myself ACCIDENTALLY (i'm not a cutter :p ) with a knife and i started to bleed lol...so i made the sign of the cross on the stem of my bike in my own blood. I figured that we have to protect each other and look out for each other through many miles.

Wow...i sound weird.

no you dont sound weird...

i just got my bike back from the bike shop and it had a small scratch, i cycled my way home and ran around like a snail burning from salt, looking for red paint...... i still have to wash it, and wax it, and detail it.... the bike shop i go to has tune up prices so cheap becuase they dont do clean up, only the tuning...

Bikelyst said:
If i understand what you are saying, yes, I do have a special bond w/ my bike. I even went as far as to make a blood oath with it lol. :D I cut myself ACCIDENTALLY (i'm not a cutter :p ) with a knife and i started to bleed lol...so i made the sign of the cross on the stem of my bike in my own blood. I figured that we have to protect each other and look out for each other through many miles.

Wow...i sound weird.

I'm not quite that extreme...but I do love my bike. I got really mad when a rock flew up after the 2 weeks age club ride...cause it chipped the outer coat on the CF.

I'm getting on here kinda late, but I do have a bond with my bikes. Each one has it's own special personality that make me want to ride it. I do have my favorite, but I don't ride it as much as the others since it has a lot of sentimental value to me and I am afraid of it getting damaged. My daily ride is a 2003 Raleigh Competition, but my Univega, Lotus, and Mongoose MTB get their fair share of road or trail miles. I also have an old Raleigh Grand Prix frame that is going to be resurected if I can ever find acceptable decals for it. Or I may just completely forget the restoration and turn it into a single speed.

i tend to get attached to my bikes. for example, i have an old schwinn conversion that i don't really like that much that with the right wording i could sell for ~$200 but i can't get to do it.