Lombardia - Pick a Winner Gents

Catabolic_Jones

May 5, 2005
Seems a lumpy brute. To tell the truth, I have no idea who will take this one. I suppose Bettini is the man, though, given a parcours like that, and his recent triumph in Zurich.

A sentimental pick for me would be Rebellin, given his poor season, I'd like to see him redeem himself -- at least get on the podium.

Catabolic_Jones said:
Seems a lumpy brute. To tell the truth, I have no idea who will take this one. I suppose Bettini is the man, though, given a parcours like that, and his recent triumph in Zurich.

A sentimental pick for me would be Rebellin, given his poor season, I'd like to see him redeem himself -- at least get on the podium.

Sentimental pick would be Cunego.

Indeed, he got it last year. Would be nice to see him ****** something this year. Seems Lampre is all riding for Simoni, though, coming off his Giro dell'Emilia victory.

Catabolic_Jones said:
Indeed, he got it last year. Would be nice to see him ****** something this year. Seems Lampre is all riding for Simoni, though, coming off his Giro dell'Emilia victory.
Simoni. No doubt. Especially if it rains.

Though Murilo Fisher is on one mother of a tear at the moment...

cyclingheroes said:
It would be great for Frank but.... no don`t think he is going to win. I think Cunego will win.
You are probably right... If Frank wins it would be a big upset. I like picking potential upset victories.

Simoni now has no team for next season. He's gonna bust out an even nastier win on Sunday than he was previously.

And this is going to be a way better pick than my Paris-Tours selections were (Nazon, Casper).