London-Brighton 2003

Tim Hall <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<

> For around 4 quid and up you can do Audax rides. 100km and longer.
>

> Warning, this can be adictive.

I know, I did a 600 last weekend instead of L2B. £6 entry fee and about £30 in food/drinks though!
(one rider said he was recently charged £2.70 for a pint of orange squash in a pub!!!)

"Stephen Ferguson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Bright green Bianchi with a newly bent frame, that was me alright.
>
> I'm sure it must have looked a lot worse than it was. My collar-bone is snapped in two places and
> I'll be in a sling for six to eight weeks. I'm more upset about the bike and that I won't be able
> to go to Paris for the Tour Prologue.
>
> I would have loved to have finished the bike ride, I guess I never will now as the missus has
> banned me from trying again, but then I'm not sure its really worth the risk. Too many idiots.

You're right about too many idiots ... I kept on a straight line although I had quite a few people
weaving in and out ... I'm sure someone thought I was an idiot at some point, but in my defence I
didn't weave and I made sure of keeping to the left at all possible times. The people travelling
faster seemed to forget that it was their responsibility to not hit me, even if I moved out without
looking ....

> Am paying £20 tomorrow to do the South Downs Way also for BHF, again no nothing provided apart
> from a photocopied route sheet.
actually it was 25 for the 100 mile; i did get a medal and sustificate though: Bloody tough
but enjoyable

martin wrote:
> actually it was 25 for the 100 mile; i did get a medal and sustificate though:
-------------------------------------------------------------^^^^^^^^^^^ Are you from Herefordshire
by any chance?

--
Jim Price

http://www.jimprice.dsl.pipex.com

Aye!.

Jim Price <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> martin wrote:
> > actually it was 25 for the 100 mile; i did get a medal and sustificate though:
> Herefordshire by any chance?

pronunc. Along with Ask ending in a T