London markets - second-hand bikes

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Matthew Myatt, Jun 26, 2003.

  1. Hello all,

    Does anyone know of any markets (or other places) in London that are particularly good for buying
    second-hand bikes?

    Any recommendations would be much appreciated.

    Mat

    Tags:

  2. Jim Price

    Jim Price Guest

    Matthew Myatt wrote:
    > Hello all,
    >
    > Does anyone know of any markets (or other places) in London that are particularly good for buying
    > second-hand bikes?
    >
    > Any recommendations would be much appreciated.

    I was recommended that Brick Lane market would be good for secondhand bicycles. The day I went there
    were two or three traders with bicycles, but all of them were either old junk or new junk. I haven't
    been since, but I can't recommend it on my experience.

    --
    Jim Price

    http://www.jimprice.dsl.pipex.com

    Aye!.

  3. Nick Kew

    Nick Kew Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, one of infinite monkeys
    at the keyboard of "Matthew Myatt" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Does anyone know of any markets (or other places) in London that are particularly good for buying
    > second-hand bikes?

    Psst ... 'ere mate, wanna buy a luvverly pair of wheels?

    If the question means you've had a bike stolen, good luck. If it means you're trying to get one off
    your hands .. the opposite. If neither of the above, be very careful!

    --
    Axis of Evil: Whose economy needs ever more wars? Arms Exports $bn: USA 14.2, UK 5.1, vs France 1.5,
    Germany 0.8 (The Economist, July 2002)