London Rickshaw company win court case

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Elyob, Mar 7, 2003.

  1. Elyob

    Elyob Guest

    Taxi drivers said they'd broken the law as they were costing them business ... "Taxis are highly
    regulated" "[Rickshaws} are trying to muscle in on the market" What a crock. I hope the taxis carry
    the bail of hay in their boot as required by law ....

    Tags:

  2. Pete Biggs

    Pete Biggs Guest

    elyob wrote:
    > Taxi drivers said they'd broken the law as they were costing them business ... "Taxis are highly
    > regulated" "[Rickshaws} are trying to muscle in on the market" What a crock.

    Agreed. I can't see the harm in them ...except they get in the way of normal cyclists. Not that I
    mind, really.

    > I hope the taxis carry the bail of hay in their boot as required by law ....

    They're not, actually. It's a nice little myth.

    --
    ~PB FA: 62cm Ti frame: http://tinyurl.com/6stt

  3. Tony Raven

    Tony Raven Guest

    elyob <[email protected]> wrote:
    > Taxi drivers said they'd broken the law as they were costing them business ... "Taxis are highly
    > regulated" "[Rickshaws} are trying to muscle in on the market" What a crock. I hope the taxis
    > carry the bail of hay in their boot as required by law ....

    IIRC they lost in Cambridge and rickshaws are no more.

    Tony

    --
    http://www.raven-family.com

    "I don't want any yes-men around me. I want everybody to tell me the truth even if it costs them
    their job."

    Samuel Goldwyn