London to Brighton - When do I hear from them?

Jag Mann

Guest
Hi,

After some information from people who have done this before.

I think the form said that they will make contact after 1st March. Its comming up to end of March
and have not heard anything yet. Can some one tell me what is the procedure? how long do they take
to let you know if your application was in time for you to take part etc. Dont think the cheque have
been cashed yet.

Thanks

Jag Mann

"Jag Mann" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hi,
>
> After some information from people who have done this before.
>
> I think the form said that they will make contact after 1st March. Its comming up to end of March
> and have not heard anything yet. Can some one tell me what is the procedure? how long do they take
> to let you know if your application was in time for you to take part etc. Dont think the cheque
> have been cashed yet.
>
> Thanks
>
> Jag Mann

I haven't bothered for years because it's more of a walk than a ride now. If you are going to do
it then start as early as you can (despite when they tell you to start) and you'll get a clearer
run. Take care that you watch out for riders stopping and getting off right in front of you on
climbs. Descend with care. Save something for Ditchling beacon and make sure you've got the gears
to get up it.

> I think the form said that they will make contact after 1st March. Its comming up to end of March
> and have not heard anything yet. Can some one tell me what is the procedure? how long do they take
> to let you know if your application was in time for you to take part etc. Dont think the cheque
> have been cashed yet.

They cashed my cheque nearly a month ago. Haven't heard a thing since. Hoping for something soon.

"Johnny Klunk" <johnnyklunk@:rem0ve-this:johnnyklunk.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> > I think the form said that they will make contact after 1st March. Its comming up to end of
> > March and have not heard anything yet. Can some one tell me what is the procedure? how long do
> > they take to let you know if your application was in time for you to take part etc. Dont think
> > the cheque have been cashed yet.
>

> They cashed my cheque nearly a month ago. Haven't heard a thing since. Hoping for something soon.

Even if you don't hear just turn up and ride at 0600. Only do that if you've paid though.

> Even if you don't hear just turn up and ride at 0600. Only do that if you've paid though.

I could, but part of what I paid for is train tickets back and a t-shirt. So I'd be pretty annoyed
to have coughed up nearly £50 for something I can do any weekend. especially if I can't get a train
out and am cycling both ways! I'm not too worried, plenty of time left and they have ALOT of people
to get through

"Johnny Klunk" <johnnyklunk@:rem0ve-this:johnnyklunk.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> > Even if you don't hear just turn up and ride at 0600. Only do that if you've paid though.
> >

> I could, but part of what I paid for is train tickets back and a t-shirt. So I'd be pretty annoyed
> to have coughed up nearly £50 for something I can do any weekend. especially if I can't get a
> train out and am cycling both ways! I'm not too worried, plenty of time left and they have ALOT of
> people to
get
> through

They do. It will all turn up OK. I hope you have good weather (not too hot!) and a good ride. Watch
those descents.

> They do. It will all turn up OK. I hope you have good weather
Me too, My greatest hope at the moment is that we have another 120 days that average exactly the
same as the last week in London. I'm cycling in shorts/t-shirt/summer glovers. Its cool enough
to play rugby, warm enough to not worry too much about what you're wearing. the SE rocks this
time of year.

> (not too
> hot!)

I'm an aussie, originally. So anything under 25 is ugg boot* weather.

*Sheepskin boots, somewhat akin to a mix of Dr Martins and slippers. Designed for home use (except
in the most....errrr...."common" circumstances). I will never, ever, ever understand how a country
with winters as crappy as Britain doesn't have an Ugg Boot culture. You'd save billions of pounds of
fossil fuels!

On Wed, 26 Mar 2003 21:19:52 +0000 (UTC), "Johnny Klunk"
<johnnyklunk@:rem0ve-this:johnnyklunk.com> wrote:

>*Sheepskin boots, somewhat akin to a mix of Dr Martins and slippers. Designed for home use (except
>in the most....errrr...."common" circumstances). I will never, ever, ever understand how a country
>with winters as crappy as Britain doesn't have an Ugg Boot culture. You'd save billions of pounds
>of fossil fuels!

But we do have Marmite.

James

--
A credit limit is NOT a target.

> Even if you don't hear just turn up and ride at 0600. Only do that if you've paid though.

Contrary to the official BHF line they always take entries on the day (tent at Clapham). Be aware
that if you ride without entering you are endangering the future of the ride due to excessive
riders. Enjoy yourself, I'm having a break this tear to do the South Downs the week after. My
favourite bits are the 5 miles before the Beacon, it all goes very quiet and serious, (and then the
5 miles after of course!)