London to Brighton - When do I hear from them?

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Jag Mann, Mar 26, 2003.

  1. Jag Mann

    Jag Mann Guest

    Hi,

    After some information from people who have done this before.

    I think the form said that they will make contact after 1st March. Its comming up to end of March
    and have not heard anything yet. Can some one tell me what is the procedure? how long do they take
    to let you know if your application was in time for you to take part etc. Dont think the cheque have
    been cashed yet.

    Thanks

    Jag Mann

    Tags:

  2. Smudger

    Smudger Guest

    "Jag Mann" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hi,
    >
    > After some information from people who have done this before.
    >
    > I think the form said that they will make contact after 1st March. Its comming up to end of March
    > and have not heard anything yet. Can some one tell me what is the procedure? how long do they take
    > to let you know if your application was in time for you to take part etc. Dont think the cheque
    > have been cashed yet.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Jag Mann

    I haven't bothered for years because it's more of a walk than a ride now. If you are going to do
    it then start as early as you can (despite when they tell you to start) and you'll get a clearer
    run. Take care that you watch out for riders stopping and getting off right in front of you on
    climbs. Descend with care. Save something for Ditchling beacon and make sure you've got the gears
    to get up it.

  3. Johnny Klunk

    Johnny Klunk Guest

    > I think the form said that they will make contact after 1st March. Its comming up to end of March
    > and have not heard anything yet. Can some one tell me what is the procedure? how long do they take
    > to let you know if your application was in time for you to take part etc. Dont think the cheque
    > have been cashed yet.

    They cashed my cheque nearly a month ago. Haven't heard a thing since. Hoping for something soon.

  4. Smudger

    Smudger Guest

    "Johnny Klunk" <[email protected]:rem0ve-this:johnnyklunk.com> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > > I think the form said that they will make contact after 1st March. Its comming up to end of
    > > March and have not heard anything yet. Can some one tell me what is the procedure? how long do
    > > they take to let you know if your application was in time for you to take part etc. Dont think
    > > the cheque have been cashed yet.
    >

    > They cashed my cheque nearly a month ago. Haven't heard a thing since. Hoping for something soon.

    Even if you don't hear just turn up and ride at 0600. Only do that if you've paid though.

  5. Johnny Klunk

    Johnny Klunk Guest

    > Even if you don't hear just turn up and ride at 0600. Only do that if you've paid though.

    I could, but part of what I paid for is train tickets back and a t-shirt. So I'd be pretty annoyed
    to have coughed up nearly £50 for something I can do any weekend. especially if I can't get a train
    out and am cycling both ways! I'm not too worried, plenty of time left and they have ALOT of people
    to get through

  6. Smudger

    Smudger Guest

    "Johnny Klunk" <[email protected]:rem0ve-this:johnnyklunk.com> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > > Even if you don't hear just turn up and ride at 0600. Only do that if you've paid though.
    > >

    > I could, but part of what I paid for is train tickets back and a t-shirt. So I'd be pretty annoyed
    > to have coughed up nearly £50 for something I can do any weekend. especially if I can't get a
    > train out and am cycling both ways! I'm not too worried, plenty of time left and they have ALOT of
    > people to
    get
    > through

    They do. It will all turn up OK. I hope you have good weather (not too hot!) and a good ride. Watch
    those descents.

  7. Johnny Klunk

    Johnny Klunk Guest

    > They do. It will all turn up OK. I hope you have good weather
    Me too, My greatest hope at the moment is that we have another 120 days that average exactly the
    same as the last week in London. I'm cycling in shorts/t-shirt/summer glovers. Its cool enough
    to play rugby, warm enough to not worry too much about what you're wearing. the SE rocks this
    time of year.

    > (not too
    > hot!)

    I'm an aussie, originally. So anything under 25 is ugg boot* weather.

    *Sheepskin boots, somewhat akin to a mix of Dr Martins and slippers. Designed for home use (except
    in the most....errrr...."common" circumstances). I will never, ever, ever understand how a country
    with winters as crappy as Britain doesn't have an Ugg Boot culture. You'd save billions of pounds of
    fossil fuels!

  8. James Hodson

    James Hodson Guest

    On Wed, 26 Mar 2003 21:19:52 +0000 (UTC), "Johnny Klunk"
    <[email protected]:rem0ve-this:johnnyklunk.com> wrote:

    >*Sheepskin boots, somewhat akin to a mix of Dr Martins and slippers. Designed for home use (except
    >in the most....errrr...."common" circumstances). I will never, ever, ever understand how a country
    >with winters as crappy as Britain doesn't have an Ugg Boot culture. You'd save billions of pounds
    >of fossil fuels!

    But we do have Marmite.

    James

    --
    A credit limit is NOT a target.

  9. Martin

    Martin Guest

    > Even if you don't hear just turn up and ride at 0600. Only do that if you've paid though.

    Contrary to the official BHF line they always take entries on the day (tent at Clapham). Be aware
    that if you ride without entering you are endangering the future of the ride due to excessive
    riders. Enjoy yourself, I'm having a break this tear to do the South Downs the week after. My
    favourite bits are the 5 miles before the Beacon, it all goes very quiet and serious, (and then the
    5 miles after of course!)