London to Luxembourg bike ride - Sponsorship ideas!

thomo79

Jun 14, 2011
Hey all,
I have signed up for the London to Luxembourg charity bike ride on the 31/8/11 for Christian Aid's PovertyOver campaign. It's about 360 miles over 4 days taking in Northern France and Belgium to. To be honest I can't wait to get out there, I can't think of anything else at the moment, I'm really excited as this is the biggest challenge I've ever done.
The training is going well, I've planned every week to include some interval work, steady rides and a long Sunday ride so no issues there. My fitness level is already fairly good (used to be a half marathon runner) so I'm now just working on the muscles needed for cycling as opposed to running.
The issue is trying to raise the £1100 needed for sponsorship! After 3 weeks i've raised £290 so it's going ok but I need to get to £600 by the end of June! Just 2 weeks time, and the donations have really slowed down.
So far I have asked work collegues, friends and family. I had an article in the local paper (which hasn't raised anything yet), and I have yet to ask neighbours. I have put my sponsorship page on facebook also. I am being pretty persistant but at the same time don't want to annoy anyone!

So if anyone has got any great ideas for sponsorship I would love to hear from you. I can't wait to do this challenge but I don't want to stress about the money all the time.
Thanks all!

Hello, have you tried asking your employer? I know sometimes companies will match the amount donated by your other sources. Not sure if this applies to you. I hope everything works out in time for you.