London to Southend

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Just Meeeeeee., Jun 1, 2003.

  1. Anyone doing it? I am......

    See you there.

    Tags:

  2. Is that the same route where they run the "old crocks' race? Or does that go from London
    to Brighton?

    Lewis.

    "Just meeeeeee." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > Anyone doing it? I am......
    >

    > See you there.

  3. Geoff Pinney

    Geoff Pinney Guest

    You're right, that's the London to Brighton - two weeks today for the British Heart Foundation.
    27,000 bikes - only one bent that I know of. (My Challenge Mistral) Anyone Else?

    Geoff

    "Lewis Campbell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected].com...
    > Is that the same route where they run the "old crocks' race? Or does that go from London to
    > Brighton?
    >
    > Lewis.

    > "Just meeeeeee." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > > Anyone doing it? I am......

    Service.

  4. allegedly Just meeeeeee. wrote <[email protected]> :
    > Anyone doing it? I am......

    I did it last year on my Trice XL, and met someone on a trice micro. Not sure about this year.

    > See you there.

    Have fun.

    --
    Robm 873 "Ask not what I can do for the stupid, but what the stupid can do for me" - Graeme Garden

  5. Andrew

    Andrew Guest

    Yep!!! See you there, I will be doing the London to Brighton: 15th June, this will be the 5th year
    that I have done it on my modified Tour Easy. Looking forward to it!!! Try to start early (5am), to
    avoid the 35,000 plus cycle crowds!!!

    Best wishes, Andrew.

    "Geoff Pinney" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<JqrCa.2048$P%[email protected]>...
    > You're right, that's the London to Brighton - two weeks today for the British Heart Foundation.
    > 27,000 bikes - only one bent that I know of. (My Challenge Mistral) Anyone Else?
    >
    > Geoff
    >

    > "Lewis Campbell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Is that the same route where they run the "old crocks' race? Or does that go from London to
    > > Brighton?
    > >
    > > Lewis.

    > > "Just meeeeeee." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    > > > Anyone doing it? I am......
    > > >

    > Service.
    > > >
    > > > See you there.

  6. Leigh Hunt

    Leigh Hunt Guest

    [email protected] (Andrew) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > Yep!!! See you there, I will be doing the London to Brighton: 15th June, this will be the 5th year
    > that I have done it on my modified Tour Easy. Looking forward to it!!! Try to start early (5am),
    > to avoid the 35,000 plus cycle crowds!!!
    >
    > Best wishes, Andrew.
    >

    > "Geoff Pinney" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:<JqrCa.2048$P%[email protected]>...
    > > You're right, that's the London to Brighton - two weeks today for the British Heart Foundation.
    > > 27,000 bikes - only one bent that I know of. (My Challenge Mistral) Anyone Else?
    > >
    > > Geoff
    > >

    > > "Lewis Campbell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > > Is that the same route where they run the "old crocks' race? Or does that go from London to
    > > > Brighton?
    > > >
    > > > Lewis.

    > > > "Just meeeeeee." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    > > > >

    > Service.

    Yep - me too! I'll be on my Street Machine. Did a practice run from Redhill on Saturday - rather
    warm :) - but atleast confirmed that I could get up Ditchling (although it was a bit harder than on
    my mountain bike!).

    Hopefully starting at 6:00 with a bunch from Atkins. Maybe see you enroute...

    Cheers, Leigh.

    To email replace "google" with "leigh".

  7. Geoff Pinney wrote:
    > You're right, that's the London to Brighton - two weeks today for the British Heart Foundation.
    > 27,000 bikes - only one bent that I know of. (My Challenge Mistral) Anyone Else?

    The last time I did it was 1990 in a group containing two Kingcycles and a fully-faired Windcheetah;
    we ran into a mate in Brighton on a home-built LWB. It was such a PITA with the sheer weight of
    traffic that we all vowed never to do something that stupid again. What Andrew says about getting an
    early start is right, but it's difficult to get there that early, especially if you've been to the
    pub the night before...

    http://www.bhpc.org.uk/