Long arm centre pull Weinmans? + Sun Tour

Neil

Guest
Hello all,

Firstly many thanks those who wrote about my Sun Tour Shifters question, that's all sorted now but
my inbox got wiped so couldn't reply to you, much appreciated tho.

I'm now looking for a Weinman type centre pull brake (just the one) with fairly long 'arms' or
'drop', I think there was a short version and a long version. As I say, only need the one really as
I've got a hub on the front, but if you want to flog me two, then I'd have a spare :) Any other
centre pull type I'd be interested in as well.

Many thanks

Neil

Neil <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...

> I'm now looking for a Weinman type centre pull brake (just the one) with fairly long 'arms' or
> 'drop', I think there was a short version and a long version. As I say, only need the one really
> as I've got a hub on the front, but if you want to flog me two, then I'd have a spare :) Any other
> centre pull type I'd be interested in as well.

Nut or allen bolt fixing? If the former, Dad may have a pair (long drop) in the shed at home which
he could be willing to part with for a fee. Let me know what you think (either via e-mail or u.r.c)
and I'll ring him at the weekend.

David E. Belcher

Dept. of Chemistry, University of York

Neil wrote:
> I'm now looking for a Weinman type centre pull brake (just the one) with fairly long 'arms'
> or 'drop'

How much drop (in mm)?

I've got a Weinmann 610 front available for sale now (with 61mm drop to centre), and possibly the
matching rear as well sometime soon. Old and well used but in full working order, without blocks,
nutted type. Front could be used at rear just by sawing the bolt down, I think.

I'll think up a price if you or anyone is interested.

cheers ~Pete

I wrote:
> I've got a Weinmann 610 front available for sale now (with 61mm drop to centre), and possibly the
> matching rear as well sometime soon. Old and well used but in full working order, without blocks,
> nutted type.

> Front could be used at rear just by sawing the bolt down, I think.

Complication: Less than half the bolt is threaded :-(

~PB