Long Bottoms

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by iarocu, Sep 25, 2004.

  1. iarocu

    iarocu Guest

    Over the winter I use Ron Hill tracksters or similiar for cycling and
    running. For the last few years the XL sizes for all the makes I've
    tried seem are too short.I'm 6 ft 3 so fair enough its a small market
    segment but there must be other people with the same problem.
    Does anybody know a brand that does extra long tracksters
    Iain

    Tags:

  2. James Annan

    James Annan Guest

    iarocu wrote:

    > Does anybody know a brand that does extra long tracksters
    > Iain

    No, I'm still using a couple of sets that I bought about 10 years ago
    from a small company called "4runnners" which made very cheap trackster
    copies (among other things) and had an extra-long size. I think the
    company went bust in the late 90s.

    Fortunately, they show no signs of wearing out.

    James
    by treading on the toes of giants.

  3. MartinMM

    MartinMM New Member

    Joined:
    Jul 12, 2004
    I have a pair that have now done 3 winters of commuting (and often working if I can't be bothered to change). They were very short when I got them so I just cut the foot loops off and they are fine.

  4. iarocu wrote:
    > Over the winter I use Ron Hill tracksters or similiar for cycling and
    > running. For the last few years the XL sizes for all the makes I've
    > tried seem are too short.I'm 6 ft 3 so fair enough its a small market
    > segment but there must be other people with the same problem.
    > Does anybody know a brand that does extra long tracksters

    Nope, sorry, I'm 6'3" too, and mine are too short. But this reminds
    me to pass on an irritation with a current pair in case anyone is
    shopping for tracksters.

    They have a drawstring and toggle at the bottom of the legs -
    very useful for keeping flapping trouser legs out of the chainrings,
    but the toggle is on the *inside* of the leg, so it clunks against
    the bike with every revolution. Quite annoying - I'll stick to
    elasticated bottoms in future!

    --
    jc

    Remove the -not from email

  5. s....Six

    s....Six Guest

    "iarocu" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Over the winter I use Ron Hill tracksters or similiar for cycling and
    > running. For the last few years the XL sizes for all the makes I've
    > tried seem are too short.I'm 6 ft 3 so fair enough its a small market
    > segment but there must be other people with the same problem.
    > Does anybody know a brand that does extra long tracksters
    > Iain

    Have you thought about legwarmers?
    you can wear your cycling shorts and
    the leg grippers in your shorts will keep
    them up,you can get legwarmers in varing
    sizes,hope it's useful to you.

  6. iarocu wrote:
    > Over the winter I use Ron Hill tracksters or similiar for cycling and
    > running. For the last few years the XL sizes for all the makes I've
    > tried seem are too short.I'm 6 ft 3 so fair enough its a small market
    > segment but there must be other people with the same problem.
    > Does anybody know a brand that does extra long tracksters
    > Iain

    I am six feet two inches tall and have had no trouble finding cycling tights
    to fit. My tracksters are a little too short though so I generally prefer
    proper cycling attire.

  7. iarocu wrote:
    > Over the winter I use Ron Hill tracksters or similiar for cycling and
    > running. For the last few years the XL sizes for all the makes I've
    > tried seem are too short.I'm 6 ft 3 so fair enough its a small market
    > segment but there must be other people with the same problem.
    > Does anybody know a brand that does extra long tracksters
    > Iain

    Ask Pete

  8. Paul Luton

    Paul Luton Guest

    In message <[email protected]>
    [email protected] (iarocu) wrote:

    > Does anybody know a brand that does extra long tracksters
    > Iain

    See thread on Aldi - the only criticism I have of their tights is being
    rather long. They were still in stock today (saturday) (but pedals sold
    out. Bother)

    --
    CTC Right to Ride Representative for Richmond upon Thames

  9. Gawnsoft

    Gawnsoft Guest

    On Sat, 25 Sep 2004 22:55:45 +0100, Paul Luton
    <[email protected]> wrote (more or less):

    >In message <77[email protected]>
    > [email protected] (iarocu) wrote:
    >

    >> Does anybody know a brand that does extra long tracksters
    >> Iain

    >See thread on Aldi - the only criticism I have of their tights is being
    >rather long. They were still in stock today (saturday) (but pedals sold
    >out. Bother)

    Edinburgh still had /loads/ of pedals today.

    Unfortunately, only 5 or 6 pairs of shoes, and all of those were size
    42 or 43.

    Ah well - I'll start experimenting with 'real cycling' (tm) some other
    time...

    --
    Cheers,
    Euan

  10. Sniper8052

    Sniper8052 New Member

    Joined:
    Sep 1, 2004
    >> Does anybody know a brand that does extra long tracksters

    You could follow me and just use shorts all year. I got fed up with being wet and my skin is waterproof!! Well mostly.
    Sniper8052