long brake levers

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Dave, May 13, 2003.

  1. Dave

    Dave Guest

    I am looking for some longer brake levers.. ones that allow us people with short fingers to keep our
    hands off of the gripshift shorty shifters and still reach the brake levers easily.... Thanks in
    advance for your help!!!

    Tags:

  2. Slacker

    Slacker Guest

    "DAVE" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I am looking for some longer brake levers.. ones that allow us people with short fingers to keep
    > our hands off of the gripshift shorty shifters and still reach the brake levers easily.... Thanks
    > in advance for your help!!!

    Uhhh....which brakes?
    --
    Slacker

  3. Dave

    Dave Guest

    just regular cable brakes, hayes mechanical disc

  4. Chris

    Chris Guest

    "DAVE" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I am looking for some longer brake levers.. ones that allow us people with short fingers to keep
    > our hands off of the gripshift shorty shifters and still reach the brake levers easily.... Thanks
    > in advance for your help!!!

    Check out some Avid levers with reach adjustment...they let you choose one of three "zero" points
    (max distance lever will sit away from bar). They're great for small-handers.

    Chris