Long Distance Cycling

I used to ride my bike about 100 miles weekly. It would take a good eight hours and was extremely difficult; I don't think you'd find someone who's had more punctures and problems with their bike than me, unbelievable!
I'd wake up at the crack of dawn and would return home at about dinner time. The toughness was a major factor that pushed me to want to succeed.
Subsequently, I lost a lot of weight and continue to ride my bike even today.
On the other hand I don't go too hard anymore, maybe about 20 miles a day here and there but there is still a sense of achievement any time I complete a ride. At the 'peak of my abilities' I had all the gear and entered local races, then again I didn't exactly do terrificly well, let's just say, but it was fun at least!
I think people don't ride their bikes enough today, they should do, with all of the incredibly lightweight frames and monitors and 'stuff', I don't see why you wouldn't ride it. On the other hand, a bike like that would cost about $1000!

When I was younger, some of my cycling friends planned a long ride that will take us to Baguio City, that's about 300 kilometers with an estimated travel time of about 10 hours including stopovers. But judging from our health and lack of training, most of those involved backed out.. that included me, hahahaaa. Honestly, I haven't experienced a long ride yet.