Long seat posts

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Cicero, Jun 8, 2003.

  1. Cicero

    Cicero Guest

    Can anybody here tell me the length and diameter of a standard BROMPTON seat post? And does anybody
    know of a source for extra long seat posts other than Brompton?

    Tia,

    Cic.

    Tags:

  2. Jim Price

    Jim Price Guest

    Cicero wrote:
    > Can anybody here tell me the length and diameter of a standard BROMPTON seat post? And does
    > anybody know of a source for extra long seat posts other than Brompton?

    Sorry, don't know the length, but I noticed last time I was there that Bonthrone Bikes in Fulham
    have a box of Brompton spares including seat posts.

    Jim Price

  3. Tony Raven

    Tony Raven Guest

    In news:[email protected], Cicero <s?e?d*a?*@hellfire.co.uk> typed:
    > Can anybody here tell me the length and diameter of a standard BROMPTON seat post? And does
    > anybody know of a source for extra long seat posts other than Brompton?

    Have a read of the relevant section of the Brompton FAQ -
    http://users.tijd.com/~tdn56319/brompton/chapters/Seat.html

    Tony

    --
    http://www.raven-family.com

  4. Cicero

    Cicero Guest

    "Jim Price" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Cicero wrote:
    > > Can anybody here tell me the length and diameter of a standard BROMPTON
    seat
    > > post? And does anybody know of a source for extra long seat posts other
    than
    > > Brompton?
    >
    > Sorry, don't know the length, but I noticed last time I was there that Bonthrone Bikes in Fulham
    > have a box of Brompton spares including seat posts.
    >
    > Jim Price

    ========
    Thanks both for your replies. Unfortunately Fulham is just too far to go from the Midlands. I seem
    to have the problem sorted from a local source. I'll know in a few days.

    Cic.