Long seat tube question

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Steve, Jun 6, 2003.

  1. Steve

    Steve Guest

    Hello Everyone, I've found that the 350 mm seatpost on my new mountain bike (full suspension) is not
    quite long enough. I bought a 400 mm weighless from Supergo, but I'm worried about breaking/bending
    the post. The original one seems to have a very slight bend, and I've only ridden the bike once (but
    I did crash pretty hard on a big rock). I weigh 200 pounds, but I'm not an overly aggressive rider
    (no big drops, pretty much just single track).

    Should I be concerned? If so, does anyone have any recommendations for a sturdy post I don't have to
    worry about breaking?

    Thanks in advance,

    Steve.

    Tags:

  2. Gregr

    Gregr Guest

    On Fri, 06 Jun 2003 19:56:36 GMT, Steve <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Should I be concerned? If so, does anyone have any recommendations for a sturdy post I don't have
    >to worry about breaking?

    Thomson Elite seatpost.