Long & short arm rear mechs

MSeries wrote:
> Pete Biggs wrote:

>> That is one method but it's not the best, IMO. The Park Tools
>> website explains all the various methods. "Big-Big" is my favourite.

> It would be with a name like Biggs !!! How are you feeling today ?

Not too bad thanks. All the better for talking about gears on the
internet ;-) Takes the mind off more important things.

~PB

Thanks all. Just expected a short 'no probs' answer. Cheered me up no end to
have learnt something today that wasn't at work!

Ta

Paul

news:[email protected]...

Paul D wrote:

> What problems might i have bodging together a 9 spd double ring shimano road
> bike setup with a long arm rear mech?

None, but a short arm mech will change gear slightly more slickly and
overall weight is less (shorter cage and, more importantly, a bit less
chain).