Long shot - mudguard reflector

Zog The Undenia

Guest
I managed to snap the reflector off my rear mudguard yesterday (the mudguard itself is fine). It's
quite a large plastic one with the trade name "Brite Eyes" embossed near the top, and I got it years
and years ago with some mudguards from Halfords, long deceased.

As the "wedge" at the back is exactly the right angle to make the reflector vertical on the back of
the Nomad, I'm after another one. I don't suppose anyone has such an item lying around in their
toolbox? The standard Soubitez rear reflector/lamp that SJSC supply with the bike points towards the
ground, and so does another reflector I bought!

Originally posted by Zog The Undenia
I managed to snap the reflector off my rear mudguard yesterday (the mudguard itself is fine). It's
quite a large plastic one with the trade name "Brite Eyes" embossed near the top, and I got it years
and years ago with some mudguards from Halfords, long deceased.

As the "wedge" at the back is exactly the right angle to make the reflector vertical on the back of
the Nomad, I'm after another one. I don't suppose anyone has such an item lying around in their
toolbox? The standard Soubitez rear reflector/lamp that SJSC supply with the bike points towards the
ground, and so does another reflector I bought!

If you can't get hold of a similar reflector, you might be able to fashion some kind of bodge? perhaps wedge the bit out with sticky plaster?

davebee <[email protected]>typed

> Zog The Undenia wrote:
> > I managed to snap the reflector off my rear mudguard yesterday (the mudguard itself is fine).
> > It's quite a large plastic one with the trade name "Brite Eyes" embossed near the top, and I
> > got it years and years ago with some mudguards from Halfords, long deceased. As the "wedge" at
> > the back is exactly the right angle to make the reflector vertical on the back of the Nomad,
> > I'm after another one. I don't suppose anyone has such an item lying around in their toolbox?
> > The standard Soubitez rear reflector/lamp that SJSC supply with the bike points towards the
> > ground, and so does another reflector I bought!

> If you can't get hold of a similar reflector, you might be able to fashion some kind of bodge?
> perhaps wedge the bit out with sticky plaster?

> --

I *might* have something suitable. Please send me an email and I'll sort through my boxes in the
clear light of day...