Long time no talk!!!

jaguar75

Apr 21, 2004
Hey folks it has been a few months since I last posted. Life here in the big easy has been pretty hard. I usually work about 50 to 60 hours a week doing de-construction during the day, bartending at night and re-building my mortgage company in between. I have to be honest I have only been on my bike twice. I just don't have the energy right now to ride. I talked to a friend at MLBS and he confided that he had not been on a ride since the storm. I am sure that all of you from around the world have been hearing some crazy stuff about the politics and **** of everything going on around here but none of it is as funny as our Mayor talking about his "Chocolate City". We have all been getting a pretty good laugh at that one. I am so glad that he said it because it has sealed his political fate...

I have a read a few things about Zap...What happened?

jaguar75 said:
Hey folks it has been a few months since I last posted. Life here in the big easy has been pretty hard. I usually work about 50 to 60 hours a week doing de-construction during the day, bartending at night and re-building my mortgage company in between. I have to be honest I have only been on my bike twice. I just don't have the energy right now to ride. I talked to a friend at MLBS and he confided that he had not been on a ride since the storm. I am sure that all of you from around the world have been hearing some crazy stuff about the politics and **** of everything going on around here but none of it is as funny as our Mayor talking about his "Chocolate City". We have all been getting a pretty good laugh at that one. I am so glad that he said it because it has sealed his political fate...

Welcome back Jag. I haven't heard\read about the "Chocolate City" statement , was he refering to people, mud in the streets or Willie Wonka ?

I hope things turn for the better for you folks down there soon.

Lw

jaguar75 said:
Hey folks it has been a few months since I last posted. Life here in the big easy has been pretty hard.
welcome back...did you get your companies water logged computers back online?

lwedge said:
Welcome back Jag. I haven't heard\read about the "Chocolate City" statement , was he refering to people, mud in the streets or Willie Wonka ?

I hope things turn for the better for you folks down there soon.

Lw
Hope things are getting better for you Jag.

lwedge, about Mayor Ray. Last week at an MLK ceremony, he said New Orleans would built again and it would be, as GOD intended, a chocolate city. He also said that GOD was anger so he sent hurricane after hurricane. Just the type of thing the good citizens of NO want to hear...their mayor saying all this was their fault.
The next day a reporter asked him if his chocolate statement could be consider racist.
Mayor Ray said something pretty close to this: "How do you make chocolate? Do you know how to make chocolate? You take dark chocolate, mix it with white milk and you have chocolate." A genius by any standard.
I can't wait to hear the explanation about why he didn't order the use of all the buses.
"We couldn't use the buses, because there was no chocolate in the buses."
Good luck, stay safe Jag.

jaguar75 said:

Unfortunately,zapper found the earthly burden of existence beyond what he could bear,and he assumed personal responsibility for his condition and ended his existence on this forum by taking his own life.
He ended his existence,as he had lived,by drowning himself in his own excrement.I personally begged him not to deprive the world of so much hilarity,but sadly it was not to be.I am sure that zapper's many "friends" will take consolation in the fact that,as he greedily gulped down what would prove to be his final mouthful,he appeared to grin,in the manner of the porcine king he so resembled in his earthly existence.
He has gone to the big reperblican trailer-park in the sky,where he is beyond the pain of rational thought which so eluded him in life.For myself,well,my fondest memories of him must include that final head-first plunge into the toilet.At least I am consoled that he died doing something that he loved,i.e.the ingestion of his own waste products,and we should all take solace in the manner of his departing.
Valezapper,no more committed environmentalist can be imagined,than one who departs this worldly realm with a mouthful of his own excrement!
Drink a toast,and celebrate his time on this earth,however worthless!

Which reminds me,BARTENDER!Where are those beers I ordered 5 minutes ago!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

jaguar75 said:

Unfortunately,zapper found the earthly burden of existence beyond what he could bear,and he assumed personal responsibility for his condition and ended his existence on this forum by taking his own life.
He ended his existence,as he had lived,by drowning himself in his own excrement.I personally begged him not to deprive the world of so much hilarity,but sadly it was not to be.I am sure that zapper's many "friends" will take consolation in the fact that,as he greedily gulped down what would prove to be his final mouthful,he appeared to grin,in the manner of the porcine king he so resembled in his earthly existence.
He has gone to the big reperblican trailer-park in the sky,where he is beyond the pain of rational thought which so eluded him in life.For myself,well,my fondest memories of him must include that final head-first plunge into the toilet.At least I am consoled that he died doing something that he loved,i.e.the ingestion of his own waste products,and we should all take solace in the manner of his departing.
Vale zapper,no more committed environmentalist can be imagined,than one who departs this worldly realm with a mouthful of his own excrement!

Which reminds me...BARTENDER!Where are those beers I ordered 5 minutes ago!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

jaguar75 said:

Lazy slacker! I worked 80 hours a week and still found time to ride.
No excuse at all.
:(

stevebaby said:
Vale zapper,no more committed environmentalist can be imagined,than one who departs this worldly realm with a mouthful of his own excrement!

Which reminds me...BARTENDER!Where are those beers I ordered 5 minutes ago!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
BARTENDER! Where's the pint of orkney dark I ordered? And bring Lim a double Jameson's,he's been inconsolable since zapper stuck his head in a bucket of his own excrement and departed!
Ah,we miss him so.
:D

stevebaby said:
BARTENDER! Where's the pint of orkney dark I ordered? And bring Lim a double Jameson's,he's been inconsolable since zapper stuck his head in a bucket of his own excrement and departed!
Ah,we miss him so.
:D
Baby, while it is fun to taunt you, you make it too easy. You don't have to hit the Quote button for each response. You can put more than one thought on each response. And quoting yourself is....well, its....you.

Chance3290 said:
Flood sale?
his computers were flooded during Katrina...i think it was him who was asking the best way to dry them out..

electronics devices are actually quite good at surviving total immersion in water as long as they are dried out thouroghly soon after. And of course as long as they arent powered up at the time....:D

MountainPro said:
his computers were flooded during Katrina...i think it was him who was asking the best way to dry them out..

electronics devices are actually quite good at surviving total immersion in water as long as they are dried out thouroghly soon after. And of course as long as they arent powered up at the time....:D
I know. I was asking if he was going to have a flood sale. I need a new one. Mine is so old, I can't find tubes for it anymore.

jag, good to hear from you, i envy you, as your legs will be fresh while we who have been boneheaded enough to persevere throughout winter will be shot by april/may!

jaguar75 said:
week doing de-construction during the day, bartending at night and re-building my mortgage company in between. I have to be honest I have only been on my bike twice.
about Zap...What happened?

yeh, the tubes are getting harder to find. Mine runs on coal.

Chance3290 said:
I know. I was asking if he was going to have a flood sale. I need a new one. Mine is so old, I can't find tubes for it anymore.

MountainPro said:
yeh, the tubes are getting harder to find. Mine runs on coal.
Hi all, thanks for the reply's I got a few good laughs. I do notnhave the internet at my new place yet so the only time I can log on to the soap box is when I get to my bro's house.

Pro, I was able to succesfully get our computers running again. It seems tat one of them works better now that it did before the storm. :confused:

The chocolate city comment was not only the single most racist comment anyone cold have made on TV but it was just bizzare.