Long top tubes. . .

J'M Sm'Th

Guest
What manufacturers make bikes with longer top tubes other than Gary Fisher? I'm looking to build up
a beater/commuter, and want something with a standover height of around 30-31 inches and TT length
of 24-25". Anyone know off hand what frames/bikes would fall in that category?

--
J'm Sm'th To Reply Direct, Remove Clothes ...-.-

On Fri, 25 Jul 2003 19:46:13 +0000, J'm Sm'th wrote:

> What manufacturers make bikes with longer top tubes other than Gary Fisher? I'm looking to build
> up a beater/commuter, and want something with a standover height of around 30-31 inches and TT
> length of 24-25". Anyone know off hand what frames/bikes would fall in that category?

Maybe some older Konas. Like a Cinder Cone.

--
Matt

Fear of a flat planet

NISHIKI

regards

"J'm Sm'th" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> What manufacturers make bikes with longer top tubes other than Gary Fisher? I'm looking to build
> up a beater/commuter, and want something with a standover height of around 30-31 inches and TT
> length of 24-25". Anyone know off hand what frames/bikes would fall in that category?
>
> --
> J'm Sm'th To Reply Direct, Remove Clothes ...-.-

J'm Sm'th <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> What manufacturers make bikes with longer top tubes other than Gary Fisher? I'm looking to build
> up a beater/commuter, and want something with a standover height of around 30-31 inches and TT
> length of 24-25". Anyone know off hand what frames/bikes would fall in that category?
>
> --
> J'm Sm'th To Reply Direct, Remove Clothes ...-.-

the 21" Specialized Hardrock frame has a 24 1/4" top tube, but the standover height is 32"

--
- Chris - www.skokatt.com
_____________________________

People say I'm cruel. But I have the heart of a small child. In a jar. On my desk.

> What manufacturers make bikes with longer top tubes other than Gary Fisher?

LeMond.

Way to keep it in the Trek family, eh?

-John Morgan

J'm Sm'th <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> What manufacturers make bikes with longer top tubes other than Gary Fisher? I'm looking to build
> up a beater/commuter, and want something with a standover height of around 30-31 inches and TT
> length of 24-25". Anyone know off hand what frames/bikes would fall in that category?

Marin steel.

JD

"J'm Sm'th" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> What manufacturers make bikes with longer top tubes other than Gary Fisher? I'm looking to build
> up a beater/commuter, and want something with a standover height of around 30-31 inches and TT
> length of 24-25". Anyone know off hand what frames/bikes would fall in that category?
>
> --
> J'm Sm'th To Reply Direct, Remove Clothes ...-.-

Have a look at the on-one frames, 20" Inbred has a 24.1" TT and 30.5" standover. Geared or
singlespeed, steel or posh Titanium.

http://www.on-one.co.uk/index2.html