long trip with 10 yr-old

Ali

Guest
It's a bit after the event,,but I posted in June to ask for advice/thoughts about taking my son
(10)on a trip along the NCN to Edinburgh, and this is just to let those of you who kindly responded
know that he made it as far as the borders! He did really well - coped with all the elements thrown
at him, only ever complained about the same things as I did (sore bum, hunger etc) and managed 58
miles on the final day! He decided once we reached his gran's in Northumberland that he'd had enough
- I got from there to Berwick-Kelso-Innerleithen-Edinburgh in another 3 days. Thinkng about mayber
going down the German river network next year - any suggestions? TIA Ali

On Sat, 11 Oct 2003 14:01:39 -0000, "Ali" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Thinkng about mayber going down the German river network next year - any suggestions?

Hope for some precipitation!

See <URL:http://www.guardian.co.uk/germany/article/0,2763,1053138,00.html

--
MatSav

Ali wrote:

> It's a bit after the event,,but I posted in June to ask for advice/thoughts about taking my son
> (10)on a trip along the NCN to Edinburgh, and this is just to let those of you who kindly
> responded know that he made it as far as the borders! He did really well...

Well done. One of the most joyous things I've found about cycling is watching the achievements of
growing children.

...and the awe on the faces of their friends when they say how far they pedalled.

John B