Longbikes Back with a Vengeance

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Cycle America/N

[[ This message was both posted and mailed: see the "To," "Cc," and "Newsgroups" headers for
details. ]]

Longbikes Back with a Vengeance

A two year hiatus from the recumbent front lines has resulted in a better bike company and an
improved flagship model, the Slipstream that features improved performance and comfort. Often
referred to as the Ryan Vaguard on steroids, it has always been different from the Vanguard from
which it evolved by a lower seat and higher bottom bracket allowing the cyclist to deliver more
power to the pedals. Soon, however, from the new bolt on rear triangle (yes rear shocks are on
the near horizon) to disc brakes front and rear (come this spring when the new 2003 models
arrive), this bike will stand even more ready to mix it up with the tougher inner city roads and
traffic conditions. In terms of comfort, the "Hip Hinge" seat that provides for independent
adjustment of seat tilt and back recline. and their proprietary 2-axis bar ends that move in a
natural flow with the arms when turning, also make this bike a candidate for the ultimate in long
distance cycle touring.

I know, for example, having biked across the US on an under the seat steered Via Long wheel base
recumbent (no longer in production), that indeed I would have lusted for the opportunity to do so on
the Slipstream had it existed in 1986. The many tens of thousands of miles I've logged in the lwb,
uss configuration (I've also ridden innumerable miles on an Avatar, a Ryan, and a famed "Bicycling"
editor, Jim Langley's homebuilt lwb) assures me this bike has a beautiful future.

And I've not even talked about the short wheel base bikes Longibkes makes. Suffice it to say, that
everything they produce is top quality. Long before any of their machines ever come off the drawing
board, Greg Peek, their chief designer has factored in every detail. Over the last four decades,
Greg has made test machines for IBM and Johns Manville, among others, he's done design work for the
aerospace industry, including prototyping the seats for the space shuttle, as well as manufacturing
critical flight hardware for the military. Greg also owned, grew and sold a very successful wheel
chair manufacturing business. And in his spare time he designed and built top fuel, award winning
dragsters before he gave birth to Longbikes four years ago.

Talk about a Renaissance Man, it is this knack for design and precision machining that Greg Peek
brings to Longbikes. I know I can't wait to see all the excitement their 2003 machines produce! And
if you sign up for our National Mayor's Ride, http://www.bikeroute.com/NationalMayorsRide you can
get one for 10% off of the retail price!

http://www.tandembike.com

M A R T I N K R I E G : "Awake Again" Author Bent Since '83, Car Free Since '89, Attacking with
Love Coma, Paralysis, Clinical Death Survivor '79 & '86 TransAm Vet - Invites you to:
http://www.BikeRoute.com/SCNBGFest N A T I O N A L B I C Y C L E G R E E N W A Y

Status
Not open for further replies.