longer torso, shorter legs...frame size advice?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by smithinmt, May 17, 2004.

1. smithinmt

smithinmt New Member

After being fit with the Fit Kit, I was told that my torso measurement is longer in proportion to my leg measurement...apparently not all that uncommon in the US compared to Europe. So basically I need somewhere in the neighborhood of a 57.5-58 cm toptube while using a 110-120mm stem. I now own a 2003 59cm Tuscany, which has a 57cm top tube. However, as I have run into in the past, the only way I can safely ride the bike is with the seatpost nearly buried in the seat tube. Has anyone else run into this issue? The only conclusion I have made is that a) I need a compact frame, or b) I need to get custom geometry. Any advice would be wonderful. Thanks

Tags:

2. taras0000

taras0000 New Member

what is the measurement of the seat tube center to center?

3. taras0000

taras0000 New Member

i have experience with litespeeds as i'm measured the same way. my litespeed was a 57 cm although it measured 55 C-C and had a 56.5 top tube. I had a normal length 100 mm stem but i had it sunk low all the way down ( i have a really low position) and found that to be optimal for me. my road bike was set up like a track bike and was good for crits.