Longest indoor ride

Discussion in 'Cycling Training' started by grahamspringett, May 1, 2007.

1. ChelseaHH

ChelseaHH New Member

I lasted about 1 hr 40 before 'seat soreness' forced me off. I was watching my football team playing in a live match on TV and winning 0-2 so didn't want to jinx the lads.

I enjoy indoor training and do 3 - 4 one hour sessions per week. Spinervals & TDF being my staple entertainment

2. cyclenthusias44

Mine is 3 hours. I spend a lot of time watching TV. I was just watching and tuning the channels randomly and I never concentrated on a single channel.

3. Jcycle

Jcycle Active Member

I max out at around 2 hours. 1 is usually more than sufficient. Any more than 2 and you really can't count it unless you are absolutely sure to keep your RPM above 60 the entire time. 60-90 is a general target for most people to follow and if you are dropping below that there isn't much benefit to the workout.

4. jusumortal

jusumortal New Member

I lasted 3 hours. I was riding a stationary bicycle at my best friend's apartment and it was my first time. She challenged me to break her record which is 1 hour. She said that she'll buy me a book series if I'll manage to break her record. Well, who doesn't want free stuff? The whole 3 hours of me, exercising, we just talked until I stopped when I felt my legs shaking. I realized I didn't do some stretches and I totally regret that.

5. Power Meter City

Like many here...a little over 3 is my max. A mix of trainer road and Zwift if I remember correctly. Always impressed by the people that have done super long sessions (like centuries) indoors. I start to get pretty stiff and achy by the 2 hour mark so 3 is good for me.