Longest ride ever

In article <[email protected]>,
[email protected] says...

> I did not raise any money for this charity, just paid the entry fee
> which helps to cover costs. I also do the London to Southend (and
> back), the Wessex 100 (that's a circular route) and the London to
> Cambridge (and back). I collect sponsorship for 2 of the charity routes
> because I do not have enough friends (c'mon you know what I mean!) to
> cover all of them (I don't ask twice). I also participate in other
> charity stuff which adds to the difficulty. Guess this paragraph may
> raise some opinions, but it works for me.

Guess I should follow up on this by adding that I rode this ride last
year too. Last year I did collect money, I alternate every year.
Unfortunately I did not complete it last year, and bailed out after 150
miles..I let the train take the strain back to Waterloo.

--
Mark (MSA)
This post is packaged by intellectual weight, not volume. Some settling

In article <[email protected]>, usenet-
[email protected] says...

> Excellent ride and quite a high average, you must've been riding at 23-
> 24mph when you were going.

It was a bit sluggish on the way out, headwind most of the
way..actually, all of the way. Coming back was much better, I would
estimate that I held 40k+ for 20% of the journey.

--
Mark (MSA)
This post is packaged by intellectual weight, not volume. Some settling
of contents may have occurred during transmission

says...
> What impresses me about Mark's distance is the sheer amount of it that
> must have been on heavy-duty urban roads, with the implication of lots
> of junctions, trafficlights, and stop-go conditions.

It was actually pretty good once I got out of London and out of Oxford.
I did attempt to retrace the route back (got loads of waves from
cyclists going the other way!) but after about 90 minutes I met the van
going around taking the signs down...bugger!

--

"MSA" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> says...
> > What impresses me about Mark's distance is the sheer amount of it that
> > must have been on heavy-duty urban roads, with the implication of lots
> > of junctions, trafficlights, and stop-go conditions.

Yes, what a hard ride. Mark must be an Elite rider. Respect!!

Ken Clements

In message <[email protected]>, Iain
Jones <[email protected]> writes

>Well done! How long did it take you overall? "175 miles" and "bike" don't
>equate to me!

I've just interviewed a Norwegian who did the Lillehammer-Oslo bike ride
weekend before last with several of his work colleagues. They covered
180km, though hardly any of them ride bikes regularly. One even did the
longer distance of Trondheim to Oslo (>500km).

Event information here:
http://www.styrkeproven.no/styrk2003/index_en.shtml

Anyone else tried it?

--
congokid
Good restaurants in London? Number one on Google

congokid wrote:

> I've just interviewed a Norwegian who did the Lillehammer-Oslo bike ride
> weekend before last with several of his work colleagues. They covered
> 180km, though hardly any of them ride bikes regularly. One even did the
> longer distance of Trondheim to Oslo (>500km).
>
> Event information here:
> http://www.styrkeproven.no/styrk2003/index_en.shtml
>
> Anyone else tried it?

No, but I can recommend Norway to anyone - it's lovely.
Word of warning - Oslo is a *frighteningly* expensive city!

--
jc

Remove the -not from email