Longest ride in a day

KeSs

Jul 21, 2004
What was the longest that you have rode in 1 day?

Mine was 100 miles, there was a century ride i did back in August

A lot - 8 hours! Because I was alone, route was up and down with 2 longer climbs and it takes me half an hour to get out of the town and another one to get back in!

for me it was a little bit less since i was riding with another person. and i live on the outskirts of the city so it was easy to get out on the "highway" :)

This is probably not far compared to you guys but I rode about 65 miles one day.:D

121 Kms. (75 Miles), alone and non stop over a 16 Kms. (10 miles) fairly hilly circuit. It took me 3 hours and 56 minutes, it was great.

202 miles in 14 hours...OUCH!
Beautiful day and weather was great except for the 30 miles with the head/crosswind.

Great way to find every single weakenss in your body.

Virenque said:
So it was race?

No, longest race was 102 Kms. (63 milles) in 2h 38 Min. after a 16 Km. (10 Milles) up hill TT the day before.

I got cramps in both legs after 80 Kms. (50 Milles), but I managed to finish 4'31'' after first place and pulling other extenuated competitor behind me for the last few kms.

babybirdie said:
202 miles in 14 hours...OUCH!
Beautiful day and weather was great except for the 30 miles with the head/crosswind.

Great way to find every single weakenss in your body.

325 Kms. in one day !!!! some people do not dare to DRIVE that distance with out switching drivers!!! (not my case but I know somebody that does).

AMAZING!!! Was it with your 24 lbs. bike???

Si, it was with my 24 pound bike and an extra 15 pounds of gear.
I personally wont drive that far. I must have been tricked into the ride...

Well, I've only been riding since August, so the farthest I've ever gone is 80 miles, but I do 60 pretty regularly. I've never gone on a ride just to see how far I could go, but if I really wanted to I could probably do 120+ with a lunch break.

I have only managed to do 55 miles in a day. that is certainly going to improve as soom as we hit some warm weather (it's march and there is snow!!!!!!!) i'm doing a 900 mile ride in the summer, so i need to get some training in anyway!