on Wednesday - took them 5 hours and they were happy with only one flat
tyre!!!!

Did anyone else make an extra special effort on Wednesday??

On 2007-10-18, Gags <[email protected]> wrote:
> We had some guys from work who rode into the Melbourne CBD from Castlemaine
> on Wednesday - took them 5 hours and they were happy with only one flat
> tyre!!!!
>
> Did anyone else make an extra special effort on Wednesday??

I loaded the postie bike up with a full tool kit, work stand, 50 patch
kits and a large pile of cables/lube ect. about 50kgs in all and spent
an hour or so fixing bikes at RMIT in the CBD.

Only had to ride 10km to get their though :)

Cheers

Joel

--
Human Powered Cycles | High quality servicing and repairs
[email protected] | Affordable second hand bikes

On 2007-10-18, Gags <[email protected]> wrote:
> > Did anyone else make an extra special effort on Wednesday??

Mine was special, because I don't often make the effort, but a bit shorter than your colleagues at 52km from Hughesdale across to Werribee.

In the past I have used the train to get back into the city then ridden home from Flinders St but as a colleague was riding home to Brunswick I went up the Federation Trail with him. This actually shortened the trip home by about 3km. So 101km for the day, plus 8 hours at the desk.

The Fed trail isn't too bad. Very smooth and the road crossings mostly have lights. I had previously considered it too hard to get to and although the link up to Footscray Rd via the old Geelong Rd had a fair bit of fast traffic on it in the afternoon, it would probably be no worse than my previous route through Newport, Altona, Laverton and Point Cook in the mornings.

RoryW

On Oct 18, 10:44 pm, Rory Williams <Rory.Williams.2yn...@no-
mx.forums.cyclingforums.com> wrote:
> So 101km for the day, plus 8 hours at the desk.

Sheesh! And here I was thinking 100km was pretty good for a _week_ :-/