Longest Ride

cycling_jedi

Aug 13, 2006
I am slowling building my endurance so I can ride more miles and enjoy my rides for longer periods of time......

What is the furthest you guys have rode in one shot.... I am talking on your own or with a friend... not in any race or cycling event.... just you hitting the road and riding.

Sadly, only 50 miles. However, this year I'll be working to make it much more, perhaps do a century.

Did my first 50k ride yesterday, but found distance wasn't an issue. What was important was pace, headwinds, hills.

I found on the flats at a moderate pace, I could ride forever... As the pace grew, the distance shortened... As the headwinds grew the distance shortened... as the hills grew the distance shortened...

i did my first 100kms just over a month ago (i had to get it out of my system before uni started!)
my weekend rides are between 30-50km depending on how much study i have to do :p

I try to ride to my parents house twice a year on my madone which is about 200mi or 320km. Takes about 14 hours with the stops to grab food and water along the way because I don't pack anything but water bottles and tools to make any repairs.

I did 130miles week before last training for my last race of this season. I typically ride 57 miles everyday for training and staying in shape. I ride occasionally with a guy that logs 120 miles everyday and never misses a day even if it rains......this guy is as hardcore as anyone I've ever met. Except the time I got to ride with Allen Larsen of RAAM fame.

I got lost from my buddies in the Hocking HIlls in OHio and rode close to 100 miles till I found the place we parked. One power bar, endless hills and two water bottles!! That sucked!!! This was long before the advent of cell phones!!

oh... around 110 miles. but its relatively flat around here. just short steep hills.

Mine will be next week:D , I did 27 miles last week 4 days in a row. I finally got my bike equiped for longer rides. 1 water bottle was only good for 20 miles.

RussB

My longest ride so far has been 11 miles... but remember I only got back into riding a couple of weeks ago and the first week or so was very sporadic... I am keeping better track of distance speed and calories burned.

The weekends I sometimes ride twice a day rather than one... so I ride longer but in two shots... This weekend I am going to try to double my ride in one session... we will see how it goes.

I want to get up there and do between 50 to 100 once or twice a month, but I am far from accomplishing that yet.

cycling_jedi said:
I am slowling building my endurance so I can ride more miles and enjoy my rides for longer periods of time......

What is the furthest you guys have rode in one shot.... I am talking on your own or with a friend... not in any race or cycling event.... just you hitting the road and riding.
I have a local bike shop that has a group (not a club) go out for a recreational ride every saturday morning. Does that count? well anyway, it was a 27 mile ride
not much by other's standards but I just really started this season and I am fairly overweight and losing weight with help of weight watchers and cycling.

I actually ride about 30-45 miles a week but am trying to increase it using that
recreational ride.

100k here also.

I got to be in the mood too.. that's a long time out alone.

RussB said:
Mine will be next week:D , I did 27 miles last week 4 days in a row. I finally got my bike equiped for longer rides. 1 water bottle was only good for 20 miles.

RussB
Me again, I did 47 miles today:D (a new distance for me). I plan on taking it easy tomorrow and doing the same ride the next day.

Russ B