Longest Ride

84 miles lately. Years ago around 120 miles with 5 some others. Did the pace line thing some though. Kinda cheating so I dont really count this one. There is a century coming up soon I plan to ride in.

RussB said:
Me again, I did 47 miles today:D (a new distance for me). I plan on taking it easy tomorrow and doing the same ride the next day.

Russ B
how long does it take you to do that distance?

e0richt said:
how long does it take you to do that distance?
47 miles took me 3 hrs 18 min. I averaged 14.4 mph.

My 26 mile route usually takes me around 1 hr 45 min. with an average of 15 mph.

My routes are about 30-35% flats, the rest are hills (life in New England).

My average speed is always increasing. I'm sure when I do the 47 miles again tomorrow I'll see some improvement.

Russ B

RussB said:
47 miles took me 3 hrs 18 min. I averaged 14.4 mph.

My 26 mile route usually takes me around 1 hr 45 min. with an average of 15 mph.

My routes are about 30-35% flats, the rest are hills (life in New England).

My average speed is always increasing. I'm sure when I do the 47 miles again tomorrow I'll see some improvement.

Russ B

ok, that makes me feel a bit better. Dont get me wrong, you are a better cyclist but what you do seems within reach if I apply myself more in training time.
During the week I only have about 1 hr of
(12 miles takes about 48 min, max speed 25.5, avg 15.5, on 100% flats)
training time twice a week. on Saturdays, I can do longer runs but I only do about 2 hrs (27 miles dont remember the other stats, 98% flats) with a recreational group ride.

I am such a wimp... :mad:

100 miles,but that's going back some years now.The most I ride in a day now is 40-60 miles,but that obviously depends on weather conditions.
I rode 25miles today,taking this weeks mileage so far to 97,I'm taking a day 's rest tomorrow as Sunday is my big ride day and that's usually about the 40-60 mark,but the weather forecast is for 15mph winds so might not go that far when it comes to it.

74 miles, or 119 kms (I like Kms better, it sounds more)...
It was on a Sunday morning with a friend who is a much better rider than me...lots of long/steep climbs...obviously I didn't plan the route...
:eek:

The longest I've ridden in one Day was a Charity Century, 106 miles...170kms... it was 95 degrees from 8am onwards...ugh!! but we're talking about non organized rides here, right?

e0richt said:
ok, that makes me feel a bit better. Dont get me wrong, you are a better cyclist but what you do seems within reach if I apply myself more in training time.
During the week I only have about 1 hr of
(12 miles takes about 48 min, max speed 25.5, avg 15.5, on 100% flats)
training time twice a week. on Saturdays, I can do longer runs but I only do about 2 hrs (27 miles dont remember the other stats, 98% flats) with a recreational group ride.

I am such a wimp... :mad:
Boy I wish I had a route I could run that had that much on the flats, I make great time on them when I can find them. Bye the way, it doesn't take that long to get to where I am. I started riding last September. I hadn't riden since the late 70's (about 28 years ago, I had a TEN speed then). I can only ride 3-4 days a week. I work 12 hr shifts the rest of the week. I'm looking forward to breaking my next milestone: 16 mph average on a 20+ mile run.:cool: I'm sure I can hit it before the end of this year ( mid October before it gets too cold).

I've been riding for about 7 weeks and just had my longest ride yet yesterday. It was 40 miles. I didn't find it that bad and I could have gone longer. No lasting effects, like soreness or aches. I did get some rain during the ride, a welcome relief from the mid-90s heat. The ride took 2hrs 35min.

Well I wanted to try to reach a new high in distance today, but last night I got some more tattoo work on my leg (I am working on a sleeve from my knee to my ankle).... It seems kind of tight and I dont know if I can ride as long as I normally do.

I may try to ride a little later today, but I may not get out there until tomorrow....Either way I may not be able to ride long, but my max distance so far is only 11 miles... I am sure I can beat that even with a tight leg.

A few times i've ridden down the coast in So Cal from pacific palisades to Palos Verdes. Round trip is about 82 miles. I can do that in around 7 hours. You have to do it pretty early, or durning the weekday because the bikeway gets completely filled up with pedestrians and rollerbladers, etc around santa monica / venice beach areas.

Mpc350 said:
A few times i've ridden down the coast in So Cal from pacific palisades to Palos Verdes. Round trip is about 82 miles. I can do that in around 7 hours. You have to do it pretty early, or durning the weekday because the bikeway gets completely filled up with pedestrians and rollerbladers, etc around santa monica / venice beach areas.
Sounds like so cal is a nice place to ride.... If I want to go on a 7 hour ride I have to take highways and main roads.... cars and exhaust...yuk

RussB said:
Boy I wish I had a route I could run that had that much on the flats, I make great time on them when I can find them. Bye the way, it doesn't take that long to get to where I am. I started riding last September. I hadn't riden since the late 70's (about 28 years ago, I had a TEN speed then). I can only ride 3-4 days a week. I work 12 hr shifts the rest of the week. I'm looking forward to breaking my next milestone: 16 mph average on a 20+ mile run.:cool: I'm sure I can hit it before the end of this year ( mid October before it gets too cold).
Last saturday, I went on a 30 mile run (personal best) with the group ride.
Unfortunately, because I was so torqued up about getting there on time and such, I forgot to reset my computer so I don't have the other stats...

but one thing I have noticed, those group rides are sooooo easy compared to
doing my solitary runs (for 12-15 miles max so far...). I don't know if its the fact that someone is there to talk to, or is that they keep me at a reasonable
pace or what... but solitary rides for me are heck compared to the group ride... anyone else find that to be true?

oh and its not because of drafting either...

New to biking.... only 3 rides so far, but my first was 26.9 miles.

Longest run (on foot) is 40 miles... hopefully my cycling will catch up with the running...

dang.. you ran 40 miles? I dont think I can run a mile... well I probably could now, but for some reason I would rather bike 100 than run 1.

26.9 is pretty good for the first time biking... I kind of feel bad now that my longest is only 14.... that will change this weekend though :D