Longest wearing training tyres?



L

LT

Guest
Hi all,

Just wondering what people recommend for a good reasonably priced long
lasting road training tyre? I've been using Vittoria Rubino Pro's, and need
a new set, so I thought I'd see what people recommend, and where they get
them from?

Luis
 
LT wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Just wondering what people recommend for a good reasonably priced long
> lasting road training tyre? I've been using Vittoria Rubino Pro's, and need
> a new set, so I thought I'd see what people recommend, and where they get
> them from?
>
> Luis
>
>


Conti GPs for $60 a pair at Cecil Walker.

--
Nick
 
hi

i've had a bit of problems with the conti gp3000 in the past, they wore
out really quickly. but i spoke to the guys in the local bike shop and
they said they haven't heard of anyone having the same problem. anyway
this time i thought i would go all out and get the conti attack/force
set and i have been very happy with them. they are not cheap by any
means and i was advised by another bike shop not to use them as a
training tyres as they are suppose to be for racing but i have had no
issues at all. there is no sign of any wear and tear or any punctures
after 2000km.

roadiechick



--
 
"roadiechick" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> hi
>
> i've had a bit of problems with the conti gp3000 in the past, they wore
> out really quickly. but i spoke to the guys in the local bike shop and
> they said they haven't heard of anyone having the same problem. anyway
> this time i thought i would go all out and get the conti attack/force
> set and i have been very happy with them. they are not cheap by any
> means and i was advised by another bike shop not to use them as a
> training tyres as they are suppose to be for racing but i have had no
> issues at all. there is no sign of any wear and tear or any punctures
> after 2000km.
>
> roadiechick
>


I use these and they're an absolute pleasure to ride on.

Marty
 
flyingdutch wrote:
> Michelin Carbons (yellow stripe/s) for moi! light, fastish, good in wet,
> puncture resistant'ish, mine are wearing well (so far!)




Aren't they about $70 or something? That's not exactly cheap. They say
they're good for 6000k's. You can definately find cheaper tyres (~$30)
and if they last even half 6000k's, they're better value. What's the LBS
carry? Personally I like Pro Race and use them for training and racing
but they are not cheap.

hippy



--
 
Lt wrote:
> Hi all,
> Just wondering what people recommend for a good reasonably priced long
> lasting road training tyre? I've been using Vittoria Rubino Pro's, and
> need a new set, so I thought I'd see what people recommend, and where
> they get them from?
> Luis




Michelin Carbons (yellow stripe/s) for moi! light, fastish, good in wet,
puncture resistant'ish, mine are wearing well (so far!)



--
 
hippy wrote:
> Aren't they about $70 or something? That's not exactly cheap. They say
> they're good for 6000k's. You can definately find cheaper tyres (~$30)
> and if they last even half 6000k's, they're better value. What's the LBS
> carry? Personally I like Pro Race and use them for training and racing
> but they are not cheap.
> hippy




Baaaah! its only money, you hippy!

folding or beaded?



--
 
LT wrote:

> Just wondering what people recommend for a good reasonably priced long
> lasting road training tyre? I've been using Vittoria Rubino Pro's,


Isn't that a racing tyre?
What is a "road training" tyre anyway? I would imagine its like a
touring or commuting tyre, except that weight doesn't matter.
 
Lt wrote:
> Hi all,
> Just wondering what people recommend for a good reasonably priced long
> lasting road training tyre? I've been using Vittoria Rubino Pro's, and
> need a new set, so I thought I'd see what people recommend, and where
> they get them from?
> Luis


\

I'm with the Conti Grand Prix crew (as opposed to GP3000). They are damn
ugly but tough as old boots - you can ride over anything but a tack and
come out smiling. I wish they didn't last so long as I promised myself a
pretty cloured pair when they wear out.



--