Longest wearing training tyres?

Lt

Guest
Hi all,

Just wondering what people recommend for a good reasonably
priced long lasting road training tyre? I've been using
Vittoria Rubino Pro's, and need a new set, so I thought I'd
see what people recommend, and where they get them from?

Luis

LT wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Just wondering what people recommend for a good
> reasonably priced long lasting road training tyre? I've
> been using Vittoria Rubino Pro's, and need a new set, so
> I thought I'd see what people recommend, and where they
> get them from?
>
> Luis

Conti GPs for $60 a pair at Cecil Walker.

--
Nick

hi

i've had a bit of problems with the conti gp3000 in the past, they wore out really quickly. but i spoke to the guys in the local bike shop and they said they haven't heard of anyone having the same problem. anyway this time i thought i would go all out and get the conti attack/force set and i have been very happy with them. they are not cheap by any means and i was advised by another bike shop not to use them as a training tyres as they are suppose to be for racing but i have had no issues at all. there is no sign of any wear and tear or any punctures after 2000km.

roadiechick

Originally posted by Lt
Hi all,

Just wondering what people recommend for a good reasonably
priced long lasting road training tyre? I've been using
Vittoria Rubino Pro's, and need a new set, so I thought I'd
see what people recommend, and where they get them from?

Luis

Michelin Carbons (yellow stripe/s) for moi!
light,
fastish,
good in wet,
puncture resistant'ish,
mine are wearing well (so far!)

Originally posted by flyingdutch
Michelin Carbons (yellow stripe/s) for moi!
light, fastish, good in wet, puncture resistant'ish,
mine are wearing well (so far!)

Aren't they about $70 or something? That's not
exactly cheap. They say they're good for 6000k's.
You can definately find cheaper tyres (~$30) and
if they last even half 6000k's, they're better value.
What's the LBS carry? Personally I like Pro Race
and use them for training and racing but they are
not cheap.

hippy

Originally posted by hippy
Aren't they about $70 or something? That's not
exactly cheap. They say they're good for 6000k's.
You can definately find cheaper tyres (~$30) and
if they last even half 6000k's, they're better value.
What's the LBS carry? Personally I like Pro Race
and use them for training and racing but they are
not cheap.

hippy

Baaaah! its only money, you hippy!

folding or beaded?

"roadiechick" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> hi
>
> i've had a bit of problems with the conti gp3000 in the
> past, they wore out really quickly. but i spoke to the
> guys in the local bike shop and they said they haven't
> heard of anyone having the same problem. anyway this time
> i thought i would go all out and get the conti
> attack/force set and i have been very happy with them.
> they are not cheap by any means and i was advised by
> another bike shop not to use them as a training tyres as
> they are suppose to be for racing but i have had no issues
> at all. there is no sign of any wear and tear or any
> punctures after 2000km.
>
> roadiechick

I use these and they're an absolute pleasure to ride on.

Marty

LT wrote:

> Just wondering what people recommend for a good reasonably
> priced long lasting road training tyre? I've been using
> Vittoria Rubino Pro's,

Isn't that a racing tyre? What is a "road training" tyre
anyway? I would imagine its like a touring or commuting
tyre, except that weight doesn't matter.

Originally posted by Lt
Hi all,

Just wondering what people recommend for a good reasonably
priced long lasting road training tyre? I've been using
Vittoria Rubino Pro's, and need a new set, so I thought I'd
see what people recommend, and where they get them from?

Luis
\

I'm with the Conti Grand Prix crew (as opposed to GP3000). They are damn ugly but tough as old boots - you can ride over anything but a tack and come out smiling. I wish they didn't last so long as I promised myself a pretty cloured pair when they wear out.