Longo's effort.

Wayne Pein

Guest
My wife and I were really hoping Longo could stay out there. She yanked the bunch around a few times
putting in hard efforts at the front, and then put in a blistering attack with 2 laps to go. We were
afraid that she would be doomed by the descents though because she lost considerable time on each
one, only to gain most of it back, or even more, on the climbs. She is just too light to go down
fast, and the speed of the rotating group descending ate her up. It was an unfortunate ending. She
deserved the win.

Wayne

Wayne Pein <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected]:

> My wife and I were really hoping Longo could stay out there. She yanked the bunch around a few
> times putting in hard efforts at the front, and then put in a blistering attack with 2 laps to go.
> We were afraid that she would be doomed by the descents though because she lost considerable time
> on each one, only to gain most of it back, or even more, on the climbs. She is just too light to
> go down fast, and the speed of the rotating group descending ate her up. It was an unfortunate
> ending. She deserved the win.
>
> Wayne

I agree. I was watching the live coverage on cyclingnews and rooting for her to stay away. *sigh* oh
well. BTW, why is it that she is sooooo hated by the rest of the women racers? Because she was too
successful?

- Boyd S.

>I agree. I was watching the live coverage on cyclingnews and rooting for her to stay away. *sigh*
>oh well. BTW, why is it that she is sooooo hated by the rest of the women racers? Because she was
>too successful?
>
>- Boyd S.

While, yes, her success may well have caused some jealousy in the female cycling world, I think it
is more her personality that people have a problem with.

As great of a cyclist as she is (and she is/was the best IMO) she isn't the most friendly person...

- Chris - http://www.customgetaways.com Sport Vacations (Multisport, Cycling,
Marathons, etc...)