Longridge Fell Ride - Piccytures!

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Shaun Rimmer, May 2, 2003.

  1. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    Right folkses after lots of wrestling with intynut hassles, good ol' Bomba finally managed to
    upload the few photos Steve and me took last Saturday, as referred to in the Longridge again RR
    thing wot I wrote subsequent to the ride wot Steve and me did do on Saturday last. So, here they
    are for your perusal:

    http://www.j-harris.net/bike/steve/01.jpg That's me and the cosied-up bikes that is, stood on the
    hill at the side of the forest just a bit or so before the rocky bit.

    http://www.j-harris.net/bike/steve/02.jpg

    Same again (I think...) different angle, Ribble Valley in the background. Cooo, it's a pretty place.

    Again, notice the bikes being all friendly.

    http://www.j-harris.net/bike/steve/03.jpg

    That one was me again, climbing a rocky ascent in the rain. It's not too steep, but steeper than the
    photo suggests, and it's tough, even that section, which was considerably easier than the bits
    before. "Bloody wet and muddy rocks. Arrrrggghhh" and all that.

    http://www.j-harris.net/bike/steve/04.jpg

    and:

    http://www.j-harris.net/bike/steve/05.jpg

    That's the Spademan himself, Steve E, doin his thang in d'air - He's pretty fly for a white guy. Oh,
    and that jump he launched off - a mere 2 cm bump it was, and the pictures are of him landing - he
    was way higher than that, I swear it, so it's true. Feel his joy.

    http://www.j-harris.net/bike/steve/06.jpg

    That's me, yet again, exiting the deep woodsy bit that I really loved and didn't want to leave. Look
    at the sorrow on my face.

    http://www.j-harris.net/bike/steve/07.jpg

    Is Steve again, coming out from the bottom of the really cool and fun windey DH run that he enjoyed
    lots. See the dew-head madness in his eyes. Oh, he a crazy bwoy alright.

    http://www.j-harris.net/bike/steve/08.jpg

    Last one - this is a picture of the Famous and extremely historical Cromwell's Bridge. A very nice
    bridge to look at, but I wouldn't like to walk over it. Prolly get arrested. An' ting.

    All the pictures can be found along with some others on Steve's cool page on Bomba's excellent
    web-site at:

    http://www.j-harris.net/bike/steve/index.htm

    Please, to show your appreciation, and to help maintain this superb place, drop a penny in the box
    by the door as you leave.

    Thanking you all and wishing you the very best of weekends, Sincerely,

    Shaun aRe

    Tags:

  2. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

  3. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    Stephen Baker <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > SR says:
    >
    > >>Photo looks like you're descending instead of climbing it. :)
    > >
    > >Heheheh - yeah, I know what you mean, but believe me, I was going up,
    albeit
    > >slowly and with much panting and wheezing..........needed hamster legs
    for
    > >that.......heheheh..........
    > >

    > Y'know - every time I see a piccie of Shaun, I think of Jeff (Geoff) from "Coupling" Dunno
    > why......

    Neither do I, since he's a Wavy haired Weirdo from Wales that has no luck With Women. And me? Well,
    I'm just some Naturally happy and soon to be married Northern Nutcase dude from Blackburn........

    Shaun aRe

    (BTW, posted my flat keys back to the landlord yesterday, and cried tears of joy nearly all the way
    from Blackburn to Whalley, where I live now, _officially_, heheheheheh!).

  4. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    Stephen Baker <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > SR says:
    >
    > >And me? Well, I'm just some Naturally happy and soon to be married Northern Nutcase dude from
    > >Blackburn........
    >
    > I was thinking back a few months, obviously... ;-)

    To when I had curly hair? To when I was Welsh? ..........

    > > (BTW, posted my flat keys back to the landlord yesterday, and cried
    tears
    > >of joy nearly all the way from Blackburn to Whalley, where I live now, _officially_,
    > >heheheheheh!).
    >
    > Good on ya!

    Oh, it felt good I can tell ya - all hit me at once then, high impact, full force overwhelming joy.
    I'm an *emotional kind of guy me, heheheheheheheheh

    Shaun aRe - *(Never once cried watching a Lassie film, though I did get

    shite......).......heheheh.....).

  5. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    Stephen Baker <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Shaun R says:
    >
    > >To when I had curly hair? To when I was Welsh? ..........
    >
    > Nah! To when you didn't seem to have any luck with women.

    I've had plenty of luck with plenty of women, some of it even good luck....

    > Or was that "When you opened your mouth and rubbish came out"? Whichever ;-)

    Somethings changed here?

    > >Oh, it felt good I can tell ya - all hit me at once then, high impact,
    full
    > >force overwhelming joy.
    >
    > I know that feeling - issa good one!
    >
    > Steve

    Good job I wasn't the one driving......

    Shaun aRe

  6. Bomba

    Bomba Guest

    Stephen Baker wrote:

    >>To when I had curly hair? To when I was Welsh? ..........
    >

    > Nah! To when you didn't seem to have any luck with women. Or was that "When you opened your mouth
    > and rubbish came out"? Whichever ;-)

    "She's leaving the country... she doesn't speak English... I insulted her best friend's breasts...
    and she thinks I collect women's ears in a bucket"

  7. Paladin

    Paladin Guest

    news:<b8ttnq$ck[email protected]>...
    > Right folkses after lots of wrestling with intynut hassles, good ol' Bomba finally managed to
    > upload the few photos Steve and me took last Saturday, as referred to in the Longridge again RR
    > thing wot I wrote subsequent to the ride wot Steve and me did do on Saturday last. So, here they
    > are for your perusal:
    >
    > http://www.j-harris.net/bike/steve/01.jpg That's me and the cosied-up bikes that is, stood on the
    > hill at the side of the forest just a bit or so before the rocky bit.
    >
    > http://www.j-harris.net/bike/steve/02.jpg
    >
    > Same again (I think...) different angle, Ribble Valley in the background. Cooo, it's a
    > pretty place.
    >
    > Again, notice the bikes being all friendly.
    >
    > http://www.j-harris.net/bike/steve/03.jpg
    >
    > That one was me again, climbing a rocky ascent in the rain. It's not too steep, but steeper than
    > the photo suggests, and it's tough, even that section, which was considerably easier than the bits
    > before. "Bloody wet and muddy rocks. Arrrrggghhh" and all that.
    >
    > http://www.j-harris.net/bike/steve/04.jpg
    >
    > and:
    >
    > Please, to show your appreciation, and to help maintain this superb place, drop a penny in the box
    > by the door as you leave.
    >
    > Thanking you all and wishing you the very best of weekends, Sincerely,
    >

    > Shaun aRe

    Cool stuff. Thanks for the effort. But weren't you cold without your insulated gore-tex jacket??

    Paladin

  8. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    Paladin <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > Right folkses after lots of wrestling with intynut hassles, good ol'
    Bomba
    > > finally managed to upload the few photos Steve and me took last
    Saturday, as
    > > referred to in the Longridge again RR thing wot I wrote subsequent to
    the
    > > ride wot Steve and me did do on Saturday last. So, here they are for
    your
    > > perusal:
    > >
    > > http://www.j-harris.net/bike/steve/01.jpg That's me and the cosied-up bikes that is, stood on
    > > the hill at the side
    of
    > > the forest just a bit or so before the rocky bit.
    > >
    > > http://www.j-harris.net/bike/steve/02.jpg
    > >
    > > Same again (I think...) different angle, Ribble Valley in the
    background.
    > > Cooo, it's a pretty place.
    > >
    > > Again, notice the bikes being all friendly.
    > >
    > > http://www.j-harris.net/bike/steve/03.jpg
    > >
    > > That one was me again, climbing a rocky ascent in the rain. It's not too steep, but steeper than
    > > the photo suggests, and it's tough, even that section, which was considerably easier than the
    > > bits before. "Bloody wet
    and
    > > muddy rocks. Arrrrggghhh" and all that.
    > >
    > > http://www.j-harris.net/bike/steve/04.jpg
    > >
    > > and:
    > >
    > > Please, to show your appreciation, and to help maintain this superb
    place,
    > > drop a penny in the box by the door as you leave.
    > >
    > > Thanking you all and wishing you the very best of weekends, Sincerely,
    > >

    > > Shaun aRe
    >
    > Cool stuff. Thanks for the effort.

    Nay worries - Steve's camera, he took most of the pictures and put 'em on his 'pooter, sent 'em to
    Bomber, who put them on his site - all I did was post the links and waffle about 'em. Tough job, but
    someone had to do
    it........

    < But weren't you cold without
    > your insulated gore-tex jacket??

    Nope - didn't even have my *fleece on for a lot of that ride - I'm hard, me.

    Shaun aRe - *(I hacked it off with a dull and rusty pocket knife when I started to get too
    warm....ahem.).

  9. Paladin

    Paladin Guest

    > Paladin <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > "Shaun Rimmer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    > > > Right folkses after lots of wrestling with intynut hassles, good ol'
    > Bomba
    > > > finally managed to upload the few photos Steve and me took last
    > Saturday,
    >
    > < But weren't you cold without
    > > your insulated gore-tex jacket??
    >
    > Nope - didn't even have my *fleece on for a lot of that ride - I'm hard, me.
    >

    > Shaun aRe - *(I hacked it off with a dull and rusty pocket knife when I started to get too
    > warm....ahem.).

    I shoulda mentioned right off that I really liked the pictures. Was the mystery gizmo in use??

    paladin

  10. crazy6r54

    crazy6r54 Guest

    Love the pics from down England way. Even that rock garden but would be better.

    Fire up MTB 03

  11. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    Paladin <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > I shoulda mentioned right off that I really liked the pictures.

    Cool - no worries - glad you liked 'em! Wish it'd been a bit clearer, cos there's some gorgeous
    scenery around there.

    > Was the mystery gizmo in use??

    'Fraid not - still hadn't had a chance to make the brackets at work by then (as I'd said in an
    E-mail to you).

    I've had it on since I told you though, and done a few <splutter>road<choke> miles (commutes) -
    seems to rail the corners much more tightly. When I overtook a car that was slowing for the speed
    control hump in the road ( I was doing 30#) coming down the hill to home, hit the jump right to the
    side of the car (while it was on the hump), landed, and flicked it back into line, sharpish, ready
    for the next hump, it did what it was told a fair bit sharper than it had been doing.

    It ain't no fully rigid, but it sure seems to have stiffened up the steering response. When I've
    done some off-road with it, I'll post my impressions here, but so far, I think it works well!

    Cheers CDB!

    ',;~}~

    Shaun aRe - gotta love the expressions on the faces of the cagers as I overtook them, at 30 mph, in
    the air, heheheheh.....

  12. Bruce Edge

    Bruce Edge Guest

    On Fri, 02 May 2003 15:02:29 +0100, Shaun Rimmer wrote:

    > Right folkses after lots of wrestling with intynut hassles, good ol' Bomba finally managed to
    > upload the few photos Steve and me took last Saturday, as referred to in the Longridge again RR
    > thing wot I wrote subsequent to the ride wot Steve and me did do on Saturday last. So, here they
    > are for your perusal:

    Nice pics. Looks kinda wet, but I guess everything looks wet to us SoCal folk. I'd trade your wet
    muddy rocks for our marble sized rock covered hardpack, well, for a day or two :)

    -Bruce

  13. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    bruce edge <[email protected]> wrote in message news:p[email protected]...
    > On Fri, 02 May 2003 15:02:29 +0100, Shaun Rimmer wrote:
    >
    > > Right folkses after lots of wrestling with intynut hassles, good ol'
    Bomba
    > > finally managed to upload the few photos Steve and me took last
    Saturday,
    > > as referred to in the Longridge again RR thing wot I wrote subsequent to the ride wot Steve and
    > > me did do on Saturday last. So, here they are for your perusal:
    > >

    > Nice pics. Looks kinda wet, but I guess everything looks wet to us SoCal folk.

    Heh - it was wet, and apparently, it's a wet place often up there, but it was a lot dryer a week or
    so earlier, and fantastically sunny - wish I'd had a digi first time I saw the place.

    > I'd trade your wet muddy rocks for our marble sized rock covered hardpack, well, for a day
    > or two :)

    Deal - I might even get away with sub-2.6" tyres for that!

    Shaun aRe