Longs - What a ripoff

DaveB

Guest
I went to buy some lyrcra running tights for the cold winter runs and
figured I could use them over the top of my nix when commuting. Rebel
Sport had a couple of brands at $69 (but only in one size), $79 (but not
in my size) or $89 (gee what a surprise , the most expensive one is in
all sizes). Bear in mind this is just lycra with no chamois. I said
bugger that and checked out the Uno site when I got home. $59 for their
longs, I know where I'm going Monday.

But at least I managed to find a new helmet to be christened on
tomorrow's BR.

DaveB

DaveB said:
I went to buy some lyrcra running tights for the cold winter runs and
figured I could use them over the top of my nix when commuting. Rebel
Sport had a couple of brands at $69 (but only in one size), $79 (but not
in my size) or $89 (gee what a surprise , the most expensive one is in
all sizes). Bear in mind this is just lycra with no chamois. I said
bugger that and checked out the Uno site when I got home. $59 for their
longs, I know where I'm going Monday.

But at least I managed to find a new helmet to be christened on
tomorrow's BR.

DaveB

was gonna suggest uno...

wot's the helmet?
I scored a Met Stradivarius (but only cos someone else was paying, and red goes faster. NOT! bcos ess has one :rolleyes: )
altho i remember last winter when i score my new helmet realising that extra air vents etc also translates to bloody freezin noggin on BR's
:rolleyes:

When you have a bald pate like me, the last thing you need in winter is more ventilation. The skull cap gets a good workout, and boy it smells pretty high after a good ride. Keeps the ears warm as well.

As for longs over the knicks, I actually prefer the cotton variety such as Puma or Adidas. The only time I had a bad fall, the cotton was hardly damaged, while the lycra underneath was torn to shreds. I'm sure the thicker cotton saved me from much worse scratching.

Spider1977 said:
When you have a bald pate like me, the last thing you need in winter is more ventilation. The skull cap gets a good workout, and boy it smells pretty high after a good ride. Keeps the ears warm as well.

As for longs over the knicks, I actually prefer the cotton variety such as Puma or Adidas. The only time I had a bad fall, the cotton was hardly damaged, while the lycra underneath was torn to shreds. I'm sure the thicker cotton saved me from much worse scratching.

hehe. apparently Im the new resident tester of all crash-related scenarios... :rolleyes:
in my last 2 'outings' the damage to my skin/bones/bike/helmet/s have been near catastrophic and yet wearing the same damn top has only barely torn a few threads to the point I'd have tohold em up to the light and point em out for you to notice!!!

Never realised they were made outa the 'blackbox' material :rolleyes:

"flyingdutch" <[email protected]> wrote in
message news:[email protected]...

> DaveB Wrote:
>> I went to buy some lyrcra running tights for the cold winter runs and
>> figured I could use them over the top of my nix when commuting. Rebel
>> Sport had a couple of brands at $69 (but only in one size), $79 (but
>> not
>> in my size) or $89 (gee what a surprise , the most expensive one is in
>> all sizes). Bear in mind this is just lycra with no chamois. I said
>> bugger that and checked out the Uno site when I got home. $59 for
>> their
>> longs, I know where I'm going Monday.
>>
>> But at least I managed to find a new helmet to be christened on
>> tomorrow's BR.
>>
>> DaveB

> was gonna suggest uno...
>
> wot's the helmet?
> I scored a Met Stradivarius (but only cos someone else was paying, and
> red goes faster. NOT! bcos ess has one :rolleyes: )
> altho i remember last winter when i score my new helmet realising that
> extra air vents etc also translates to bloody freezin noggin on BR's
> :rolleyes:
>

> --
> flyingdutch

Isn't that what cheap polar fleece beanies are for?

DaveB wrote:
> I said
> bugger that and checked out the Uno site when I got home. $59 for their
> longs, I know where I'm going Monday.

hey Bikesoiler, were those longs you had today the $59 ones. I only
noticed them late in the ride and by then my ability to talk and ride
was rapidly waning.

DaveB "ready for the post ride milkshake and bacon and egg sandwich"

adam wrote:

> "Absent Husband" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > I've checked out the Uno Clothing website - but they don't seem to have
> > any outlets here in BrisVegas...
> >
> > Anyone know of any stores up here?? Or do you have to internet
> > order....??
> >
> > Absent Husband

> Hey AH I've seen them at brisbane bicycles in albert st (down towards the
> botanic gardens). Did u guys end up riding out to Nundah? Didn't see anyone.
>
> Adam
>
> Adam

I slept in. I seriously considered it, but decided to save myself for
Sunday. Paid off, I guess.

Tam

On Sun, 5 Jun 2005 12:54:45 +1000, [email protected] (Peter
McCallum) wrote:

>The only way to prevent it forming seems to be to wash them out
>immediately after use and dispose of the unused drink.

I rinse mine straight after my ride and dispose of the unused drink.

McCallum) wrote:

>The only way to prevent it forming seems to be to wash them out
>immediately after use and dispose of the unused drink.

I rinse mine straight after my ride and dispose of the unused drink.
Every so often I just dump all the drink bottles I can find in the cupboard into a sink full of the stuff that is used to clean baby bottles. That and getting into the habit of a hot water rinse after they are used has kept mould at bay.

ali

DaveB said:
DaveB wrote:
> I said
> bugger that and checked out the Uno site when I got home. $59 for their
> longs, I know where I'm going Monday.

hey Bikesoiler, were those longs you had today the $59 ones. I only
noticed them late in the ride and by then my ability to talk and ride
was rapidly waning.

DaveB "ready for the post ride milkshake and bacon and egg sandwich"

Dave
That's the ones. Fit me OK, could be a bit longer but I'm a lanky bugger.
Watch the size tags. I recomend trying them on to ensure best fit.

"JH" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> I didn't go, had a fete to go to, but just read a race report over at:
>
> http://forums.transitions.org.au/index.php?act=ST&f=2&t=11719&s=3638bfd18a2bcdc2cac8862bef99f605
>
> OUCH!
>
> Will do one of these soon......
>
> jh

Yeah saw that crash, our bunch was just coming up to pass. The link doesn't
work anymore however. Without reading too much into it, and I'm not trying
to **** off the poor guy who crashed, passing people on the inside at that
part of the track as he described is exactly what causes crashes like that.
There's plenty of other places to move up, but not there! Especially in your
first ever crit. Just pick a wheel and stay on line. The other crash was in
the bunch sprint of the cat 1 race, not cat 2, glad I was in front of that
one!

But despite two crashes all up it was a great day.

Adam

Pete,

Two words:

Milton's tablets.

Skewer

Skewer <[email protected]> wrote:

> Pete,
>
> Two words:
>
> Milton's tablets.
>
> Skewer

Thanks, I'll give them a go.

Peter
--
Peter McCallum
Mackay Qld AUSTRALIA

Peter McCallum wrote:

> The only way to prevent it forming seems to be to wash them out
> immediately after use and dispose of the unused drink.

1) Nope, large bucket and <= capful of bleach. Leave soak for a day or
jus rotate them through

2) bottle brush if you need to.

3) 2nd bucket of clean water and leave soak for a day or two.

4) drain

5) leave in sunny position for a day.

I have chased stuff like Miltons, etc and the chemist said just use a
little bleach instead. Works a charm on our water bottle and other stuff.