Longsjo classic !

zipp2001

Mar 30, 2007
The Longsjo Classic is the second oldest race in the US, and after some tough years is very slowly starting to get noticed again. Keep your eye on The Rocket who won back to back days in his age group.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7d7NkfHXXU

I had a post in the 'Did You Ride Today?' thread about the old Fitchburg-Longsjo Classic. but it vanished for some reason along with two other replies. It was a famous race going waaaay back when!

Those guys are slow, I raced in race with guys like that when I was 60 and beat them soundly...of course I was getting booed but that's because I wasn't the town favorite.

Even with the sprint I had when I was 30...that kid could kick my ass!

I had a post in the 'Did You Ride Today?' thread about the old Fitchburg-Longsjo Classic. but it vanished for some reason along with two other replies. It was a famous race going waaaay back when!

The Longsjo Classic was one of the larger races in the US in it's day. All the big boys showed up for the race with teams like LA Sherriff, Motorola, Coors Light, Shaklee, and on. It went from a one day race to a four day stage race at it's peak, and that was my last year doing the event.