LOOK 396 or SPD-SL Ultegra?

chrisvahl

Jul 12, 2003
Ultegra PD-R600 . Are they easy to get out of? Do I need adapters for the cleats (Adidas Vuelta2 shoes)?
Only problem with the Look is their increased weight . Any words of advice?

I found them harder to get out of than my old SPDs, which had the tension at minimum, but after several weeks of use I have no problem with them at all. The cleats will fit fine on any shoe that fits Look cleats, same bolt pattern.

Originally posted by chrisvahl
Ultegra PD-R600 . Are they easy to get out of? Do I need adapters for the cleats (Adidas Vuelta2 shoes)?
Only problem with the Look is their increased weight . Any words of advice?

Another vote for the SPD-SLs; the cleats have a non-slip surface to make walking easier, and the important thing .. they look nicer. ;)

Originally posted by Alphamoose
I found them harder to get out of than my old SPDs, which had the tension at minimum, but after several weeks of use I have no problem with them at all. The cleats will fit fine on any shoe that fits Look cleats, same bolt pattern.

If they are so hard to clip out of, why don't you just adjust the tension so that it requires less force to clip out.,

I have the Ultegra pedals and cleats and love them. Feels like you are pushing a really solid platform. I bought them to make getting in and out in traffic alot easier and couldn't be happier.

Even with the tension at minimum, they take more force to get out than my old SPDs did, but now that I'm used to them, that isn't really a problem. Just took some time to acclimate, now I really like the solid platform.