Look 555 vs Kuota Karma

mister 2

Jul 27, 2007
Hi all,

Looking to buy a frame for the gf: light weight, not that powerfull (450 peak watts) and looking to train and club ride with the bike. We are considering 2 frames now

look 555
kuota karma

which one do you recommend?

thanks

Both high end, pricey framesets. Both likely to be equally great in their own way. Any chance of a test ride to decide?

Tech72 said:
Both high end, pricey framesets. Both likely to be equally great in their own way. Any chance of a test ride to decide?

very high end? theyre both entry level carbon frames...

no test rides possible because their is still a lot of snow here.

mister 2 said:
very high end? theyre both entry level carbon frames...

no test rides possible because their is still a lot of snow here.
(With regard to the Look): Carbon frame? - yes. High-end? - no. Entry level? At A$4600 for Ultegra/Aksium, definitely not!!!!
Nothing wrong with Look frames but the price, but that is a big but!

artemidorus said:
(With regard to the Look): Carbon frame? - yes. High-end? - no. Entry level? At A$4600 for Ultegra/Aksium, definitely not!!!!
Nothing wrong with Look frames but the price, but that is a big but!
I just upgrade to a Look 555, the bike rides very smooth. The bike is a bit on the heavy side but thats mainly because it has heavy wheels on it. The bike is stiff but still enjoyable to ride.

S4one said:
I just upgrade to a Look 555, the bike rides very smooth. The bike is a bit on the heavy side but thats mainly because it has heavy wheels on it. The bike is stiff but still enjoyable to ride.

Remember that I'm only looking for the frameset but thanks for the comment!

mister 2 said:
Hi all,

Looking to buy a frame for the gf: light weight, not that powerfull (450 peak watts) and looking to train and club ride with the bike. We are considering 2 frames now

look 555
kuota karma

which one do you recommend?

thanks

The one that its her the best. If both do, the one from the best bike shop, if no bike shop, the one with the best warranty. If both have same warranties, the cheapest.

Peter@vecchios said:
The one that its her the best. If both do, the one from the best bike shop, if no bike shop, the one with the best warranty. If both have same warranties, the cheapest.
lol

Both are from the same LBS (which is probably the best in town). Per the salesman, both would fit her. The cheapest (100$ less) is the kuota...just for the brand name I would go with the 555 but I think kuotas have come a long way now...

mister 2 said:
look 555
kuota karma
The fit of these frames is quite different. The Kuota comes in more sizes and generally has a shorter top tube relative to the seat tube. Choose the one that gives you a better fit.