Look 576 v Ribble crono tt TRIATHLON

micksbike

Aug 10, 2010
hi i need some help, iam look at geting a new triathlon bike.
the 1# is a look 576 full carbon and full sram- rival-groupset W is 1.35 kg frame. i heard it a grate bike.
2# is a ribble crono tt full carbon but with full shimano -Dura-ace- groupset W is 1.50 kg frame the only thin i have seen/heard a bout it from triathlon plus saying gold award. thay are close to the same $ in australia.

What wheels come with each bike?

The Ribble seems a good deal. For a tri specific bike, though, its top tube looks a bit chunky (Keep in mind, "looks" isn't really a very accurate way of analyzing aero qualities). Of course, the Dura Ace bits are top quality. Look have put a lot of work into their tri/TT bike range, and the 576 doesn't fall far at all from the 596 tree from which it was born. My gut says the 596/576 probably saw more development time than the Ribble (of course my gut can be wrong). The Ribble bike has a shorter head tube, but the Look has a steeper, more tri/TT oriented seat tube angle.

Without knowing what wheels come with each, I would tend toward the Look. I have a Look 595 and love it: the build quality is stout (the fork steerer has a bigger wall thickness than any other 100% CF fork I've seen); the E-Post is doddle to set-up and use; and there's not a cut corner to be found. Of course, I may be biased.