Look 585, Orbea Orca or Trek 6.5???

fairclough51

Jul 20, 2004
Hi Everybody
After having my six13 smashed into several pieces by an inattentive pizza deliver boy, I now find myself in the market for a new bike.
I currently race A & B grade crits, but want a bike that can also climb well as well as mix-it-up on long flat rides (basically something that can do everything)
I've narrowed it down to the Look 585-Ultra, the new '07 Orbea Orca and the Trek Madone 6.5.
All of these bikes seem excellent on paper, with their list of positives way-overshadowing their list of negatives but this gives me an envious dilemma... which one should i buy?
I'd be interested to see what the international cycling community thinks. I'm particularly interested in any feedback on the Orca as it's so new, I've found it really difficult to find any info on this one - the other 2 have tons of reviews and articles but I'd like to hear 'real-world' opinions.
Thanks everybody - I look forward to your responses...

Mmmhhhhh, may I suggest a Cannondale Six13? I have heard that they are great for Criteriums and climbs like a goat :) :p :D ;)

Haven't ride any of your options, but I know Look's HSC 5 fork had some durability issues and was upgraded on the 595 HSC 6 fork. The 2007 Orbea it's lusty ...

P.S. I lied, I'm a proud owner of a 2006 six13 and can't be happier ...

cuervo said:
Mmmhhhhh, may I suggest a Cannondale Six13? I have heard that they are great for Criteriums and climbs like a goat :) :p :D ;)

+1

Was there something you didn't like about your Six13?

parawolf said:
+1

Was there something you didn't like about your Six13?
I actually really liked my six13 (it was the '06 Lampre one) but it is now the 'old' model, and the new system 6 just doesn't excite me that much - I know they're supposed to be great, I just don't like the aesthetics
I'm actually quite disappointed because I've had several cannondales in the past and have been happy with all of them - I'm just not a big fan of the current crop.

fairclough51 said:
Hi Everybody
After having my six13 smashed into several pieces by an inattentive pizza deliver boy, I now find myself in the market for a new bike.
I currently race A & B grade crits, but want a bike that can also climb well as well as mix-it-up on long flat rides (basically something that can do everything)
I've narrowed it down to the Look 585-Ultra, the new '07 Orbea Orca and the Trek Madone 6.5.
All of these bikes seem excellent on paper, with their list of positives way-overshadowing their list of negatives but this gives me an envious dilemma... which one should i buy?
I'd be interested to see what the international cycling community thinks. I'm particularly interested in any feedback on the Orca as it's so new, I've found it really difficult to find any info on this one - the other 2 have tons of reviews and articles but I'd like to hear 'real-world' opinions.
Thanks everybody - I look forward to your responses...
Hi,

Try a Cervelo Soloist. It's a really good all around bike Can also convert to a tt bike.

Mike

Too bad you don't care for the aesthetics of the System Six. It has great handling characteristics, and climbs really well.