LOOK bicycle or a fake?

alexjelev

Jul 7, 2013

How about this bicycle is it worth a 100$ ?
Thats all the pics a got by now ... sorry for the quality and not showing any details. :(

I wouldn't pay $20 for that. It's a clever piece of marketing by a flipper.

i took a closer look at it and pay the postage but it was a fake not even a good one sry for the wasted time please delete the post.

IS that bike still for sale? I want to get it for my friend whos grandma likes those fluorescent colours, she will bake me cookies forever for getting her that bike.

nerd.png
Is it you sell ? or you are looking for a bicycle

Originally Posted by alexjelev .

i took a closer look at it and pay the postage but it was a fake not even a good one sry for the wasted time please delete the post.
As you have ascertained, the bike is clearly a "fake" LOOK ...

• while I do not know the intent of the person who prepared the bike, I would think that there was actually little intention of deceiving others due to the frame's dimensions & construction AND components

If you don't own the bike, yet, then if the derailleurs can shift the chain smoothly, or smoothly enough, and the wheels & crankset spin smoothly enough AND the "rubber" is good then it is probably no worse than a used bike you might get from a bike shop for $100 if they had one to sell you at that price ... you could do worse for $100 ... you could certainly get lucky at a yard sale and get a really nice bike for that amount if the seller is naive ...

If you already own the bike, then ride it ...

• when parts wear out, replace them ...
  • take advantage of the fact that it is an inexpensive frame & use the bike as the foundation for learning how to perform DIY maintenance on bicycles in general.
  • take advantage of the fact that only a crackhead will be inclined to steal it, so you will probably only need a lightweight lock to secure it.
I think that if you openly acknowledge that you know it is not a real LOOK then others will probably accept it as a nice spoof on people who own "real" LOOK bikes unless they don't have a sense of humor.

The bottom line is that if you own the bike AND if you can keep up with OR out ride people who have bikes which cost between $800-to-$8000, then the joke is on them (us!).