Look Black Cleats with PP396

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Gary Kamieneski, Jul 28, 2004.

  1. I have always used Look Black Delta cleats with the Look PP296 and
    PP396 pedals because I prefer no float and also because I use other
    pedals without float adjustment (old LA Shimano/Look), but I read the
    following on the Look France site,

    ":: Foot strap compatibility - Angular freedom
    black foot strap: compatible with all Delta LOOK pedals except the
    PP286, PP296, and PP396 (Free-Arc system). This foot strap allows for
    "fixed" interlocking of the foot: no angular freedom. Red foot strap:
    compatible with all Delta Look pedals. This foot strap allows for 9°
    angular freedom. On the PP286, PP296, and PP396 the Free-Arc system
    enables freedom adjustment of the red foot strap between 0° (fixed =
    black foot strap), 3°, 6°, or 9°."

    Does this mean I should not be using the black cleat with the PP396?
    Ironically, I have to turn the float dial to 9° to get zero float with
    the black cleats.

    Tags:

  2. Harris

    Harris Guest

    Gary Kamieneski <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Does this mean I should not be using the black cleat with the PP396?
    > Ironically, I have to turn the float dial to 9° to get zero float with
    > the black cleats.

    A previous post on this NG claims that the PP296 series with adjustable
    float works backwards. In other words, with black cleats setting the float
    to "0" gives maximum float, setting the float to "9 degrees" gives no
    float.

    See:
    http://tinyurl.com/6442x

    Art Harris