Look Black Cleats with PP396

Gary Kamieneski

Guest
I have always used Look Black Delta cleats with the Look PP296 and
PP396 pedals because I prefer no float and also because I use other
pedals without float adjustment (old LA Shimano/Look), but I read the
following on the Look France site,

":: Foot strap compatibility - Angular freedom
black foot strap: compatible with all Delta LOOK pedals except the
PP286, PP296, and PP396 (Free-Arc system). This foot strap allows for
"fixed" interlocking of the foot: no angular freedom. Red foot strap:
compatible with all Delta Look pedals. This foot strap allows for 9°
angular freedom. On the PP286, PP296, and PP396 the Free-Arc system
enables freedom adjustment of the red foot strap between 0° (fixed =
black foot strap), 3°, 6°, or 9°."

Does this mean I should not be using the black cleat with the PP396?
Ironically, I have to turn the float dial to 9° to get zero float with
the black cleats.

Gary Kamieneski <[email protected]> wrote:

> Does this mean I should not be using the black cleat with the PP396?
> Ironically, I have to turn the float dial to 9° to get zero float with
> the black cleats.

A previous post on this NG claims that the PP296 series with adjustable
float works backwards. In other words, with black cleats setting the float
to "0" gives maximum float, setting the float to "9 degrees" gives no
float.

See:
http://tinyurl.com/6442x

Art Harris