Look Carbon Fiber frame problem?

kcokeefe65

Aug 19, 2005
Hello, I have a 2003 Look KG 386 that was just built up this year by my LBS. After about 300 miles of riding I started experiencing shiftng problems with my front derailleur and noticed it was loose. When I tried to tighten it (braze on) I noticed that the bolts were already very tight, but the bracket could still move! It turned out that one of the screw fittings was loose in the frame and appears to have been glued in by my LBS. The second screw fitting is secure in the frame and has no evidence of any glue.

I'd like to know if anyone knows how the braze-on front derailleur screw fittings are held in the carbon frame? And if one comes loose can it be repaired? Also, any suggestions on how to handle the situation with my LBS would be welcome since I believe the problem was introduced during the build up and then covered up.

Cheers,
Kevin

kcokeefe65 said:
Hello, I have a 2003 Look KG 386 that was just built up this year by my LBS. After about 300 miles of riding I started experiencing shiftng problems with my front derailleur and noticed it was loose. When I tried to tighten it (braze on) I noticed that the bolts were already very tight, but the bracket could still move! It turned out that one of the screw fittings was loose in the frame and appears to have been glued in by my LBS. The second screw fitting is secure in the frame and has no evidence of any glue.

I'd like to know if anyone knows how the braze-on front derailleur screw fittings are held in the carbon frame? And if one comes loose can it be repaired? Also, any suggestions on how to handle the situation with my LBS would be welcome since I believe the problem was introduced during the build up and then covered up.

Cheers,
Kevin
Why don't you check with the look distributor....veltec sports.

kcokeefe65 said:

Cheers,
Kevin

Presumably the LBS cares somewhat about customer service (and their reputation) so I would ask them about it--perhaps not in an accusatory way (at least not initially).