LOOK cleat covers

sergen said:
Does anybody know if this cleat cover is compatible with the Red Delta Cleats manufactured by Look? I've been doing too much walking in my shoes (unavoidable however) so need something to stop the cleats wearing down.

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/Default.asp...aspx&Cat=cycle&w=0&CategoryName=Wheels - Road

sorry - the link for some reason takes you to the wheels section of the website.

I'm talking about the Look Keo Cleat cover - would that be useable with red delta cleats?

sergen said:
sorry - the link for some reason takes you to the wheels section of the website.

I'm talking about the Look Keo Cleat cover - would that be useable with red delta cleats?

link to KEO cleat covers

here ya go, I not part of the company, but I have bought from them!

Keo covers will not fit Delta cleats.

Kool covers have a model that will fit Delta cleats, but not the "bi-material" ones - the ones with teflon bits to prevent squeaking.

There is one company whose covers fit bimaterial delta cleats but I can't find them right now.

DiabloScott said:
Keo covers will not fit Delta cleats.

Kool covers have a model that will fit Delta cleats, but not the "bi-material" ones - the ones with teflon bits to prevent squeaking.

There is one company whose covers fit bimaterial delta cleats but I can't find them right now.
Actually, I have the Kool Kovers and use them with the bi-material cleats. No problems.

RapDaddyo said:
Actually, I have the Kool Kovers and use them with the bi-material cleats. No problems.

Really!?! Mine kept popping off - I couldn't believe the cleats were significantly different from the regular ones - how could they click into the pedals but not the covers? But I tried my covers on several pairs of regular cleats and I tried other people's covers on my bi-material cleats and they just didn't work. In fact, I have an e-mail from Kool Kovers saying that they understand the Kool Kovers don't work on the new cleats but they're not going to do anything about it since they think Look will dump the delta cleat and pedal design pretty soon anyway. Also, I've seen blurbs in catalogues saying they don't work.

So I think you're the exception Yo. Do you have black ones maybe? All my testing was with red ones.

DiabloScott said:
Really!?! Mine kept popping off - I couldn't believe the cleats were significantly different from the regular ones - how could they click into the pedals but not the covers? But I tried my covers on several pairs of regular cleats and I tried other people's covers on my bi-material cleats and they just didn't work. In fact, I have an e-mail from Kool Kovers saying that they understand the Kool Kovers don't work on the new cleats but they're not going to do anything about it since they think Look will dump the delta cleat and pedal design pretty soon anyway. Also, I've seen blurbs in catalogues saying they don't work.

So I think you're the exception Yo. Do you have black ones maybe? All my testing was with red ones.
No, I have the red ones and use the Kool Kovers every week. Maybe my covers never got the memo.