look cleats

keith.bh

Dec 7, 2005
how long do thay last for i only ride say 30plus on a sunday and
one day mid week say 20 ????thanks guys and girls:)

keith.bh said:
I've been riding with a set red Look cleats for the last 7000 miles or so, and they are still just fine. So if you do the math, it looks like they last for...............a long time. Of course, it also depends on how much walking you do in them as well.

keith.bh said:
They last until you can't see the wear indicators. Like the Doc said, it all depends on how much walking you do in them.

artmichalek said:
They last until you can't see the wear indicators. Like the Doc said, it all depends on how much walking you do in them.
can't see or can see the wear indicators i thought it was when you
can see the white at the top:confused:

keith.bh said:
can't see or can see the wear indicators i thought it was when you
can see the white at the top:confused:
There are four blind holes drilled into the bottom of each cleat. Two ahead of the front mounting bolt, and one behind each of the two rear mounting bolts. When the bottom surface of the cleat wears down to the bottom of any one of these holes, it's time for new cleats. If you're using the new bi-material cleats, I guess you would start seeing white on the bottom.

It tends not to be riding that wears Look cleats out but walking about on them and putting a foot down at lights etc...

Mine tend to last a season and a little bit - its the winter that wears them out, more cafe stops!

How long do they last? Yeah, if you walk in them a bit you will find out a different system is a better investiment. Not only are they eaten away by walking, they're very difficult to walk in- which is why I switched to spd. In other words, their lifespan is the inverse of the time spent walking on them.-FTU