Look Distributor In Aus?

Originally posted by ProfTournesol
hey flyingdutch
you hold your head higher by winning! Roberto heras won a Tour of Spain using a triple:)

yeah, yeah, i know. got it for the Alpine classic and
'common sense' ( who invented that?!? )

i find the 42/53 combo really cool

BigMig pioneered em in racing and Tyler and his team used a 34/50 in the hills too

tried to get hold of a FSA carbonCompactPro like his but couldnt get one in time over the xmas break

As for winning, let's just concentrate on the 'not getting dropped' part first, shall we?

Hitchy, if youre worried about changing over wheels between the two, just get a spare cassette hub/body that you can put on your shimano hubs/wheels and swap wheels at will

[/B]

G'day 'Dutch,

I was vaguely aware that this was possible...but how much work is ut to change the hub body?. With my current 9 speed on the training bike & DA 10 on the 'good' bike, I just need to whip one cassette off & replace it with the other, (a 2 minute job). Regardless of all the Big S & campy discussions, IMHO they are equally good gruppos (DA & Record)....so it will come down to convenience & 'what I know'. I can 'do' campy, but havent done it enough to say I'm comfortable with it yet. I can't see myself spending $3K on a gruppo that I might never decide I do actually like, when the alternative that I know I like...is just as good......sure like the look o' them carbon rear derailuers though,

cheers,

Hitchy

Record 10sp $2899
Chorus 10sp $1865
Daytona 9sp $1269
Daytona 10sp $1420
Veloce 9sp $900

Dura Ace $2587
Ultegra $1673
105 $1414
Tiagra $975

$400.. okay, substantial.. still don't like their shifters though.. anyone wanna lend me a Campy bike? :D Pretty please? :D

hippy [/B]

G'day Hippy,

remind me not to buy any gruppo's off you!,

http://www.nemesis.cc/

cheers,

Hitchy

Originally posted by Hitchy
G'day Hippy,
remind me not to buy any gruppo's off you!,
http://www.nemesis.cc/
cheers,
Hitchy

Gee, ya quote a few prices and the whole world's against ya! :p

I just wanted a website with Shimano and Campagnolo prices for a side-by-side comparison and I wanted it quick.. this was the first list to pop up... will you ever forgive me?

hippy

"screw you guys, i'm goin' home!"
- Cartman

Originally posted by hippy
Gee, ya quote a few prices and the whole world's against ya! :p

I just wanted a website with Shimano and Campagnolo prices for a side-by-side comparison and I wanted it quick.. this was the first list to pop up... will you ever forgive me?

hippy

"screw you guys, i'm goin' home!"
- Cartman

forgiven....remind me not to buy any gruppo's off SBR then!,

cheers,

Hitchy

G'day 'Dutch,

I was vaguely aware that this was possible...but how much work is ut to change the hub body?. With my current 9 speed on the training bike & DA 10 on the 'good' bike, I just need to whip one cassette off & replace it with the other, (a 2 minute job). Regardless of all the Big S & campy discussions, IMHO they are equally good gruppos (DA & Record)....so it will come down to convenience & 'what I know'. I can 'do' campy, but havent done it enough to say I'm comfortable with it yet. I can't see myself spending $3K on a gruppo that I might never decide I do actually like, when the alternative that I know I like...is just as good......sure like the look o' them carbon rear derailuers though,

cheers,

Hitchy

Apologies Hitchy. whilst what I said is true, you can keep your Shimano wheel/hub intact and use Mavic cassettes which you can put onto shimano hubs and are C10 compatible

carbon rear D's are cool but its the Carbon ergos which are the sexiest bit

Originally posted by flyingdutch
carbon rear D's are cool but its the Carbon ergos which are the sexiest bit

G'day 'Dutch,

I agree the carbon ergo's look terrific...how robust are they?. I'm thinking that me being No1 Klutz is likely to scratch them, break them, fall off etc etc. Whilst the odd scratch on the Big S shifters is largely invisible, I'm thinking this would stand out like 'dogs' with carbon?,

cheers,

Hitchy

I agree the carbon ergo's look terrific...how robust
are they?. I'm thinking that me being No1 Klutz is likely
to scratch them, break them, fall off etc etc. Whilst the
odd scratch on the Big S shifters is largely invisible, I'm
thinking this would stand out like 'dogs' with carbon?,

Other than pedals, the thing that gets trashed the
most on my bike (when I stack or it falls) is the
shifters. They are right out there and take quite a
few hits. They should continue to look sweet after
a hit, but I'd be crying anyway...

Apparently, Campag are moving to full carbon cages
on both their front and rear derrs too...
Drool Factor 9!

hippy

luckily I havent even got dirt on em yet
(is it wrong to put gladwrap on your levers? )

the carbon brakelever and grar shifter is mighty tough (not that I have stress tested it mind) but the 'feel' is very stiff but light

I havent seen anyone with mangled levers yet
but i do know the cost of replacing ergos vs STIs leans is huge in favour of ergos (and you can replace far more individual parts too, like upgrading from 8/9 to 10spd is just $25US in the levers!)

what you said on Fri got me thunking hipsta.
Do you, can you change gears either way (up/down) when in the drops with STIs?
Im a drops 'virgin' and dont like em much. even once contemplated cutting em off to be a weight weenie

what you said on Fri got me thunking hipsta.
Do you, can you change gears either way (up/down) when in the drops with STIs?
Im a drops 'virgin' and dont like em much. even once contemplated cutting em off to be a weight weenie

G'day 'dutch,

methinks that the whole reason for having STI is that you can change in the 'drops' in a sprint. I'll bet, (like most stuff), it was developed cos of demand from the pros (& the campy stuff too). Thats my biggest issue for campy actually, a 'change down' in the drops with campy requires more 'movement' than Big S.....not that you ever actually change down that much in the drops...,

cheers,

Hitchy

can you change gears either way (up/down) when in the drops with STIs?

Yes. The brake lever swings inward and the lever behind
it does the same. So if you can reach the brakes on the
drops (advisable), you can change up and down.

hippy

Originally posted by hippy
Yes. The brake lever swings inward and the lever behind
it does the same. So if you can reach the brakes on the
drops (advisable), you can change up and down.

hippy

I don't like riding on the drops in fast moving bunches at the moment. When I used to race years ago I was fine with this but for some reason now I'm not so comfortable (might be a flexibility vs age issue) ;-).

I found in my race on Sunday that with my hands on the hoods the whole race my fingers were getting numb!! I tried going down on the drops but only for a short period to get the feeling back in my fingers before going back to the hoods. I think I'm going to have to practice riding on the drops just so I can vary my riding position while racing.