Look Distributor In Aus?

Hitchy

New Member
Jan 26, 2004
1,876
Hi All,

anyone know who the 'Look' distributor is Aus is?. I'm interested in a KG 486 frame & fork, but for that sort of cash, I'd really like to organise a test ride before finalising my decision. I've had trouble finding an LBS that have this model. Any clues?

cheers,

Hitchy

Originally posted by Hitchy
Hi All,

anyone know who the 'Look' distributor is Aus is?. I'm interested in a KG 486 frame & fork, but for that sort of cash, I'd really like to organise a test ride before finalising my decision. I've had trouble finding an LBS that have this model. Any clues?

cheers,

Hitchy

Sorry Guys, should of mentioned in the previous post that I'm in melbourne. Any help would be appreciated.

ta

The Australian distributor is Groupe Sportif http://www.groupesportif.com/

Hitchy <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi All,

> anyone know who the 'Look' distributor is Aus is?. I'm interested in a KG 486 frame & fork, but
> for that sort of cash, I'd really like to organise a test ride before finalising my decision. I've
> had trouble finding an LBS that have this model. Any clues?

> cheers,

> Hitchy

Have you tried Freedom Machine. They usually have a good range of Look frames, and they have space
out hte back for test riding, although it's pretty mucha small car park.

For a frame costing $4K+ I doubt anyone will let you take one out on the road for a test ride.

Cheers.
--
Nick

Originally posted by Hippy
"Hitchy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> anyone know who the 'Look' distributor is Aus is?. I'm interested in a KG 486 frame & fork, but
> for that sort of cash, I'd really like to organise a test ride before finalising my decision. I've
> had trouble finding an LBS that have this model. Any clues?

In case you hadn't seen it, here's a short review:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/tech.php?id=tech/2004/reviews/look_kg4861

hippy

thanks Hippy, I had seen that. Theres also a more comprehensive one in the current addition of 'Ride'. I saw another one in 'Cycle sport' about 4 mths ago...Ja Ja was putting it through its paces...I'm in love,

cheers

Hitchy

Originally posted by Hitchy
Hi All,

anyone know who the 'Look' distributor is Aus is?. I'm interested in a KG 486 frame & fork, but for that sort of cash, I'd really like to organise a test ride before finalising my decision. I've had trouble finding an LBS that have this model. Any clues?

cheers,

Hitchy

try ProMotion in Ormond

Originally posted by Hitchy
Theres also a more comprehensive one in the current addition of 'Ride'. I saw another one in 'Cycle sport' about 4 mths ago...

Can you direct me to these reviews? I'm not familiar with 'Ride" or 'Cycle Sport' - are they magazines or online?

Originally posted by BugMan
Can you direct me to these reviews? I'm not familiar with 'Ride" or 'Cycle Sport' - are they magazines or online?

G'day Bugman,

they are both magazines (of the printed variety)They both should be available at your local newsagent, (assuming you're in Aus). 'Ride' is an Aus publication that is argueably the best 'roadies' mag around at present. 'Cycle sport' is a Pommy version of the same thing. Both high quality, informative reads,

regards,

Hitchy

Originally posted by Nickzx6r

For a frame costing $4K+ I doubt anyone will let you take one out on the road for a test ride.

for 4K i think its pretty unreasonable NOT to offer a test ride
(hell , for 4K i would expect a date with his daughter too :)

Originally posted by flyingdutch
for 4K i think its pretty unreasonable NOT to offer a test ride
(hell , for 4K i would expect a date with his daughter too :)

G'day 'dutch,

I got my test ride. It confirmed my worst fears......Its as smooth as silk & I GOTTA HAVE ONE!........what else i gotta do is work on how to tell 'she who must be obeyed'....the $4K is frame, fork & headset only (subject to a bit of negotiation!).....couple it with new DA 10 & some carbon wheels, trick seat & bars.....&...&...&...lord i haven't been this excited since I heard Suzy works on her bike in the kitchen.............gotta get me an invite to Hippys place...sounds like bike geek heaven....I'll bring a slab....promise!,

cheers,

Hitchy

DA 10?

put chorus on there for less and better quality and its got carbon bits

Got a mate over in Adelaide who came up with the ingenious plan of how to circumvent 'her-indoors budget limitations'.

He had a red cannondale roadbike.
He wanted an mtb so bought a re cannondale mtb
Then he wanted a tourer. So he bought a trek520 and had it painted red.
And then a singlespeed. Yep, red.

As she is never allowed in the shed and has not a clue about bikes apparently it took 3 years before she twigged.

Originally posted by flyingdutch
DA 10?

put chorus on there for less and better quality and its got carbon bits

Got a mate over in Adelaide who came up with the ingenious plan of how to circumvent 'her-indoors budget limitations'.

He had a red cannondale roadbike.
He wanted an mtb so bought a re cannondale mtb
Then he wanted a tourer. So he bought a trek520 and had it painted red.
And then a singlespeed. Yep, red.

As she is never allowed in the shed and has not a clue about bikes apparently it took 3 years before she twigged.

G'day 'dutch,

I am firmly in the camp of that wise man who once said, "never put a gruppo on your bike that sounds like it could be a spaghetti sauce"!...(but lets not get into a Big S vs campy discussion).

I like your mates theory, unfortunately my missus isn't blonde!.......(& the 'roadies' live inside!)

cheers,

Hitchy

Hey, Im blonde (at least I am over the xmas break when I get to see some sun rather than being stuck in this air-conditioned hell)

roadies inside?

OK, Im officially jealous now

dont even mention how the other half rolls the eyes when I insist the bike travel in the back of the car on long trips (Bright, interstate, etc)

sauce? hey, it wears in. shimaNO wears out...

flyingdutch <[email protected]> wrote in news:eJS1c.2135
[email protected]:

> He had a red cannondale roadbike. He wanted an mtb so bought a re cannondale mtb Then he wanted a
> tourer. So he bought a trek520 and had it painted red. And then a singlespeed. Yep, red.

Hmm... Do you think this would work if I bought a yellow Greenspeed trike to match the colour of my
Cannondale mountain bike? Or is that stretching the principle just a little too far?

Graeme

Originally posted by flyingdutch
Hey, Im blonde (at least I am over the xmas break when I get to see some sun rather than being stuck in this air-conditioned hell)

roadies inside?

OK, Im officially jealous now

dont even mention how the other half rolls the eyes when I insist the bike travel in the back of the car on long trips (Bright, interstate, etc)

sauce? hey, it wears in. shimaNO wears out...

G'day,

Yep the 'roadies' live inside....on the wall in the study no less! (got a rack made up) I told the 'boss' the contents insurance didn't cover them if they got stolen from the shed!.......Bikes on one wall & my 4ft personally autographed Phil Anderson poster (framed of course) on the other wall. (along with some pathetic photos & trophies of my own). have a desk with the 'puter for writing trash on 'cycling forums' & playing some tunes & the trainer..........life is good,

cheers,

Hitchy (who has heard every Shimano put down, ever.....but will never go over to the darkside!)

"flyingdutch" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> DA 10? put chorus on there for less and better quality and its got carbon
bits

Prove it! :p

I couldn't stand all my bikes being the same colour. I like their individual personalities. Then
again, I'd prefer to have them than not, so if ya gotta do it, ya gotta do it!

hippy

"flyingdutch" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> dont even mention how the other half rolls the eyes when I insist the bike travel in the back of
> the car on long trips (Bright, interstate, etc)

You gotta lay some authoritaa down boyo! :)

> sauce? hey, it wears in. shimaNO wears out...

So, Campy doesn't work when you buy it? ;-)

hippy

Originally posted by Hippy

You gotta lay some authoritaa down boyo! :)

certain 'fringe benefits get taken away if I dont play ball.

Originally posted by Hippy

So, Campy doesn't work when you buy it? ;-)

hippy

just starts perfectly then segues into the sublime.
no lame cables flying about and 10spd that's been about for years nor a BB design that's gonna be recalled in 2 years' time

Prove it? what exactly hipsta...

chorus10 $1630
DA10 $ 2160

as for quality, if Im forking out $2160 i dont expect any plastic to be involved!

"flyingdutch" wrote

> for 4K i would expect a date with his daughter too :)

And a test ride?

Theo