Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Look ergo seatpost

Started by Email address hidden · · Last activity · 3 posts · 208 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
13 July 2006
Last activity
14 July 2006
Original author
Email address hidden
Posts
3
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
208
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–3 of 3
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I am considering buying a look ergo seatpost as I am trying to
    replicate my familiar position with a bit more setback than I can
    currently achieve. It seems that the ergo will give me that setback and
    then some. It is expensive, and I do very long distance rides, so I
    don't want to break my post when I am way out there and have to ride
    back. The mount for the seat appears beefy, but the stress from
    sitting further back and the lateral torsional forces from peddaling
    are cause for concern, especially as carbon fibre is more prone to
    catastrophic failure.

    opinions, experiences ? thank you in advance

  2. I spoke to a bike shop owner in West-Central Louisiana about the
    original look seatpost (not the look ergo 2 setpost). He was trying
    one out for a season. This seatpost needed 2 clamshell shims that were
    bought to match your seattube diameter.

    He commented that it has some "give" to it that imparted a measure of
    comfort to the very stiff frame he was riding at the time. It was a
    traditionalnon-sloping top tube frame. He was happy with the Look Ergo
    Seatpost. He was fairly critical of poorly made/designed equipment,
    and he found no fault with this seatpost.

    The flex he reported is not neccesarily an indication of a problem with
    the design, but is worth noting.

    Pat Smith

    Quoted message said:

    I am considering buying a look ergo seatpost as I am trying to
    replicate my familiar position with a bit more setback than I can
    currently achieve. It seems that the ergo will give me that setback and
    then some. It is expensive, and I do very long distance rides, so I
    don't want to break my post when I am way out there and have to ride
    back. The mount for the seat appears beefy, but the stress from
    sitting further back and the lateral torsional forces from peddaling
    are cause for concern, especially as carbon fibre is more prone to
    catastrophic failure.

    opinions, experiences ? thank you in advance

  3. spincircles said:

    I spoke to a bike shop owner in West-Central Louisiana about the
    original look seatpost (not the look ergo 2 setpost). He was trying
    one out for a season. This seatpost needed 2 clamshell shims that were
    bought to match your seattube diameter.

    He commented that it has some "give" to it that imparted a measure of
    comfort to the very stiff frame he was riding at the time. It was a
    traditionalnon-sloping top tube frame. He was happy with the Look Ergo
    Seatpost. He was fairly critical of poorly made/designed equipment,
    and he found no fault with this seatpost.

    The flex he reported is not neccesarily an indication of a problem with
    the design, but is worth noting.

    Pat Smith

    It's very good to know. Thank you.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.