Look Frames

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by D.P.G., Oct 8, 2003.

  1. D.P.G.

    D.P.G. Guest

    Does anyone have any comments on the Look KG486 or KG386 frames. I have never seen anything
    posted on them.

    Tags:

  2. In article <[email protected]>,
    D.P.G. <[email protected]> wrote:
    >Does anyone have any comments on the Look KG486 or KG386 frames. I have never seen anything
    >posted on them.

    I find it interesting that they appear to weigh about a pound more than similar competitors products
    such as Trek, Colnago, Calfee, etc.

    --Paul

  3. no

    no Guest

    In article <Vw1hb.37882$A%[email protected]>, Paul Southworth
    <[email protected]> wrote:
    >I find it interesting that they appear to weigh about a pound more than similar competitors
    >products such as Trek, Colnago, Calfee, etc.

    Perhaps because Look frames are usually sold (and weighed) with the fork?

  4. In article <[email protected]>, <[email protected]> wrote:
    >In article <Vw1hb.37882$A%[email protected]>, Paul Southworth
    ><[email protected]> wrote:
    >>I find it interesting that they appear to weigh about a pound more than similar competitors
    >>products such as Trek, Colnago, Calfee, etc.
    >
    >Perhaps because Look frames are usually sold (and weighed) with the fork?

    Hmm, that makes it not so interesting. :)

  5. Stellite

    Stellite New Member

    Joined:
    Sep 18, 2003
    That would put the look frame at the same weight as the other frames you mentioned, so that's not bad. I guess if those frames are good enough for several tour teams they should be ok. I know that Jenson has the KG361 on sale and the only difference between it and the KG381 is that the Carbon on the 381 has been weaved to make it stronger, but they make it varying thickness with a thinner section to make it lighter, so it ends but being no stronger than the 361 frame and about 100 grams lighter. So you pay $1000 more for 100 grams less.

  6. Jay Hill

    Jay Hill Guest

    [email protected] wrote:
    > In article <Vw1hb.37882$A%[email protected]>, Paul Southworth
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >>I find it interesting that they appear to weigh about a pound more than similar competitors
    >>products such as Trek, Colnago, Calfee, etc.
    >

    > Perhaps because Look frames are usually sold (and weighed) with the fork?

    You've got it backwards. Look's site (http://www.lookcyclesusa.com/f-kg486.htm) gives the weight for
    the combined frame & fork, and they are sold together. The Calfee site is frame-only for weights.
    The Colnago site (http://www.colnago.com/catalogo_2004/img/frames.html) shows most as frame only,
    with no weights that I could find. The Trek site shows a few framests (most are complete bikes), but
    I couldn't find any weights.

    I'd like to know what the Look names mean. They aren't the weights.

  7. Jay Hill

    Jay Hill Guest

    Jay Hill wrote:
    > [email protected] wrote:
    >
    >> In article <Vw1hb.37882$A%[email protected]>, Paul Southworth
    >> <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>
    >>> I find it interesting that they appear to weigh about a pound more than similar competitors
    >>> products such as Trek, Colnago, Calfee, etc.
    >>
    >> Perhaps because Look frames are usually sold (and weighed) with the fork?
    >
    > You've got it backwards. Look's site

    Doh! You've got it right. Mea culpa.