Look. I'm searching for...

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Garrison Hillia, Jun 4, 2003.

  1. So, does anyone know where I can get an inexpensive set of Look- compatible mountain bike or
    ATB shoes?

    p.s. Don't say "Nashbar"... all of their mtb shoes are SPD-compatible.

    Tags:

  2. Daniel N

    Daniel N Guest

    Performance ?????? "Garrison Hilliard" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:eek:[email protected]...
    > So, does anyone know where I can get an inexpensive set of Look- compatible mountain bike or
    > ATB shoes?
    >
    > p.s. Don't say "Nashbar"... all of their mtb shoes are SPD-compatible.

  3. Mark Janeba

    Mark Janeba Guest

    Garrison Hilliard wrote:
    > So, does anyone know where I can get an inexpensive set of Look- compatible mountain bike or
    > ATB shoes?
    >
    > p.s. Don't say "Nashbar"... all of their mtb shoes are SPD-compatible.

    I don't have any easy answers, but here are some non-easy ones:

    1) Ebay, junk box for the world (and I mean that in a good way). Look for OLD shoes. Example:
    Several model years ago, Sidi Dominators (an MTB shoe) were look compatible, though it may have
    been the two-bolt version. Note the two-bolt cleats work just fine on the look road pedals, see
    link for image of cleat: http://www.lickbike.com/i2987250.htm (Lickton's may be out of these
    cleats; I think they told me I bought the last one).

    2) Carve one up yourself. Look pedals used to come with threaded eyelets to put on the inside of
    shoe soles. I've carved up some of the old cleatless "touring" shoes, cutting off the rubber from
    the bottom in the cleat zone, then bolting on the cleat with the eyelets. Not pretty, but can be
    effective.

    3) If you find a better source, please post it!

    Good luck,
    --
    Mark Janeba remove antispam phrase in address to reply

  4. garrison-<< So, does anyone know where I can get an inexpensive set of Look- compatible mountain
    bike or ATB shoes?

    LOOK road cleat? No such animal...

  5. Jeff Wills

    Jeff Wills Guest

    [email protected] (Qui si parla Campagnolo) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > garrison-<< So, does anyone know where I can get an inexpensive set of Look- compatible mountain
    > bike or ATB shoes?
    >
    > LOOK road cleat? No such animal...

    I don't think that's what he's asking about, Pete.

    I have a set of Lake CX 115 shoes that are allegedly walkable with Look cleats:
    http://www.performancebike.com/shop/Profile.cfm?SKU=14708&Store=Bike

    I haven't tried mine yet- I've spent too much time sitting in front of the computer lately.

    Jeff

  6. Dr. Dave

    Dr. Dave Guest

    Jeff Wills wrote:
    > [email protected] (Qui si parla Campagnolo) wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    >
    >>garrison-<< So, does anyone know where I can get an inexpensive set of Look- compatible mountain
    >>bike or ATB shoes?
    >>
    >>LOOK road cleat? No such animal...
    >>

    > I don't think that's what he's asking about, Pete.
    >
    > I have a set of Lake CX 115 shoes that are allegedly walkable with Look cleats:
    > http://www.performancebike.com/shop/Profile.cfm?SKU=14708&Store=Bike
    >
    > I haven't tried mine yet- I've spent too much time sitting in front of the computer lately.
    >
    > Jeff
    I have been using a pair for a year. The cleat touches the ground when you walk, but not enough to
    be a problem.

  7. A Muzi

    A Muzi Guest

    > garrison-<< So, does anyone know where I can get an inexpensive set of Look- compatible mountain
    > bike or ATB shoes?

    > LOOK road cleat? No such animal...

    Formerly there were ATB shoes with the two bolt (fore/aft) mounts for a Look ATB cleat. These cleats
    are long and skinny and engage any Look pedal. The cleats still are very available