Look Keo Sprint Pedals for Beginner?

jwroubaix

Jun 6, 2007
How would these pedals be for a someone who is just going clipless for the first time? How would they compare to the Shimano 6620?

jimmyjay

Nov 25, 2007
Long time listener first time caller....

and i dont want to hijack the thread, but i figuired while we are on the topic of Keo Pedals for a beginner.....

I just picked up a 2008 Colnago Arte...and it has Keo Carbon pedals....replacing a 1981 "Mondial" with campy dual sprint.....she was a lovely bike, but i had to move on.......

AnyhowI have never used cleats before and i sent my brother with instructions to pick up "Keo Cleats".........he came back with Deltas telling me they are the same...and i cant get my foot in the farking pedal.

Is my brother a ***, or am i just a weak *******? Thanks for any help

catlike

Jun 21, 2007
I am using Look keo classic pedals for year now. They are my first clipless, and i am happy with them. They are very similar (lower spring tension 8-12 Nm instead of Sprints 9-15 Nm) to Sprint pedals, for less money. Look has a new beginers pedals- Keo Easy. They are eaven cheaper, but without adjustable spring tension mechanism. Dont think i would switch to other systems pedals in near future, maybe i will try more expensive Keo (Carbon or Carbon Ti?) for racing bike though.
As far as i know Deltas cleats do not fit to Keo pedals.

michaeltop

Jan 19, 2006
delta cleats are larger then keo, they will not work. buy keo grey for less float or keo red for more

jimmyjay said:
Long time listener first time caller....

and i dont want to hijack the thread, but i figuired while we are on the topic of Keo Pedals for a beginner.....

I just picked up a 2008 Colnago Arte...and it has Keo Carbon pedals....replacing a 1981 "Mondial" with campy dual sprint.....she was a lovely bike, but i had to move on.......

AnyhowI have never used cleats before and i sent my brother with instructions to pick up "Keo Cleats".........he came back with Deltas telling me they are the same...and i cant get my foot in the farking pedal.

Is my brother a ***, or am i just a weak *******? Thanks for any help

Karl Hungus

Sep 22, 2007
jwroubaix said:
How would these pedals be for a someone who is just going clipless for the first time? How would they compare to the Shimano 6620?
I think that you would do very well with getting these pedals.

It's not as hard and scary as a lot of the posts make it seem. But, that being said, it can be confusing to figure it all out.

The Look company has been doing this a long time and they are good pedals.

I personally use the shimano pedals, but there will not be much difference in the long run.

For the same money (depending on the deal you are getting) you can get the DuraAce pedals (top of the line shimano pedals, very good stuff) at the same price:

Look Keo sprints $149 on Performance.com today and DuraAce pedals $153 on probikekit.com http://www.probikekit.com/display.php?code=D1103

Happy shopping!

Edit:

Actually I just looked at the Look pedal prices on Probikekit and they are WAY lower than performance.com SSo the above deal is not as great as I thought. I have ordered from probikekit before without any trouble. Good company.

no1kung1

Mar 29, 2007
I use Look Keo Sprints on both my road bikes. They were my first clipless pedals. I race and train on them 250-300 miles per feel. They never have failed me. I eventually got a clicking noise in one pedal, but it was due to movement between the pedal and the crank (not within the bearings of the pedal itself). A little regreasing solved it. I recommend doing with either the grey or red cleats for the float. Black cleats (fixed) should only be used if you absolutely 100% are sure your legs track perfectly with your current bike fit.

Get Em.