Ah. I feel better for that.

Tim
--
Sent from Birmingham, UK timdunne at blueyonder.co.uk
'God's electrician sparked up the heavens once again, heading northbound
on the 7:10. And the lord said let there be commuters...' - Thea Gilmore
Look, mum, an anorak on a bike! Check out www.nervouscyclist.org

in message <[email protected]>, Tim Dunne
('[email protected]') wrote:

> A quick headsup... some rants, raves and otherwise
>
> Just fitted som Look keo pedals and cleats to the galaxy - wow! What a
> difference... why did I ever put up with SPD's?

Aren't they beautiful? And not expensive any more, at least for the
'classic' model.

> Altura. Not happy - bought a Nevis jacket from On Your Bike in Brum
> last autumn, and the zip has buggered already and one cuff strap has
> come unstitched. Is Altura stuff tat or am I just unlucky? I paid
> relatively big money for it. Never again. Now looking seriously at a
> Berghaus...

H'mmm. My Nevis jacket - now three years old - did duty on this morning's
ride. I've been entirely satisfied with it. It's now my only cycling
waterproof, and I find it excellent. However...

> Endura Humvees - fantastic. I've never been a lycra man, but just tried
> these because they seem practical and baggy. Wow, love 'em to bits. If
> you're after something to cycle in that's not tight and lycra, I
> recommend them.

I've got a pair of those, too. You can have them if you like. Free.
Scarcely worn. I'll stick to lycra.

my other car is #<Subr-Car: #5d480>
;; This joke is not funny in emacs.

Tim Dunne wrote:

> Now looking seriously at a Berghaus...

They make those round the corner from me, I popped into their shop and
got a last season one at half price. I like it.

--
Don Whybrow

Sequi Bonum Non Time

Sense is not cognition but sensation. (Douglas Robinson)

Tim Dunne wrote:

> Is Altura stuff tat or am I just unlucky?

Nothing wrong with Altura. I think you were just unlucky.

Simon Bennett wrote:
> Tim Dunne wrote:
>
> > Is Altura stuff tat or am I just unlucky?

> Nothing wrong with Altura. I think you were just unlucky.

Apart from the zip which I too am somewhat underwhelmed with. Bad
machining is a FAJ and should have been picked up by QC. If it is not
up to the expected standard then return it.

The bad zip is bad design IMO. It is underspecified for what it is
trying to do.

...d

"David Martin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]

> Apart from the zip which I too am somewhat underwhelmed with. Bad
> machining is a FAJ and should have been picked up by QC. If it is not
> up to the expected standard then return it.
>
> The bad zip is bad design IMO. It is underspecified for what it is
> trying to do.

After a Winter's wear it seems to be pushing it to take it back, althought
it is only 6 months old. The zip is terrible, and I certainly wouldn't buy
their products again. It cost a fair sum and I'm afraid I expect better for
the money.

Tim

Sent from Birmingham, UK timdunne at blueyonder.co.uk
'God's electrician sparked up the heavens once again, heading northbound
on the 7:10. And the lord said let there be commuters...' - Thea Gilmore
Look, mum, an anorak on a bike! Check out www.nervouscyclist.org

news:[email protected]

> Aren't they beautiful? And not expensive any more, at least for the
> 'classic' model.

That's what I have. I miss the double-sidedness of SPD's, but apart from
that, cracking.

> H'mmm. My Nevis jacket - now three years old - did duty on this
> morning's ride. I've been entirely satisfied with it. It's now my
> only cycling waterproof, and I find it excellent. However...

The one I have won't see a year, let alone three. I'm appalled at the
quality, to be frank.

> I've got a pair of those, too. You can have them if you like. Free.
> Scarcely worn. I'll stick to lycra.

You sir, are probably an adonis who looks splendid in lycra - I am not,
however. I think the humvee's are wonderful... each to his own I guess.

Tim
Sent from Birmingham, UK timdunne at blueyonder.co.uk
'God's electrician sparked up the heavens once again, heading northbound
on the 7:10. And the lord said let there be commuters...' - Thea Gilmore
Look, mum, an anorak on a bike! Check out www.nervouscyclist.org

"Simon Bennett" <[email protected]> wrote
in message news:[email protected]

> Nothing wrong with Altura. I think you were just unlucky.

Hmm. Expensively so.

Tim

Sent from Birmingham, UK timdunne at blueyonder.co.uk

Tim Dunne wrote:

> Altura. Not happy - bought a Nevis jacket from On Your Bike in Brum last
> autumn, and the zip has buggered already and one cuff strap has come
> unstitched. Is Altura stuff tat or am I just unlucky? I paid relatively big
> money for it. Never again. Now looking seriously at a Berghaus...

All my Altura stuff, including my Nevis, has been fine. Not tat.
Unlucky.